Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:50 pm 

I'm guessing mainly Limerickcot's work, but maybe my little squiddy will have sneaked in :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:13 am 

Just have to wait and see, when I get pics sent to me I will forward to you Belschaft...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:53 am 

Belschaft wrote:
I'm guessing mainly Limerickcot's work, but maybe my little squiddy will have sneaked in :?

I hope so - I liked that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:41 pm 

Ok.

I'm getting ready (very slowly) to put together another Colonial Warbook for the BSG rpg game (and yes, I do know that some of you don't like that format, but it's what I work in).

I will plan to include most of the Cylon designs shown here (and the reason it will take me some time is that I will have to stat the lot of them individually).

And, as with Colonial Warbook vol i, credit will be given to both artist and statistician.

If you happen to know of any Cylon designs not shown here, by all means send me a link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:19 pm 

cant wait to see it!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:40 am 

Your work is great Limerickot, I have your Colonial Book...even if I dont use Margaret Weiss/Core system...

I would like to see something similar.... but! But using Full/Thrust or FCS rules as a basis and only including miniatures,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:59 pm 

I'd need those rules before I could see if I could adapt and then add them in as well.

The core system is what I'm used to so, at this time, I'm more or less restricted to that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:06 pm 

Full Thrust is available on the web and its free :thumbsup , FCS by Francis Greenaway (where are you Francis?) was associated with the BSG/SFB website which is unfortunately gone, it had the best gaming info and exhaustive ship-listings for TOS-BSG and NBSG for Star-Fleet-Battles, Star Blazers and his homegrown rules FCS-which are a bit like simplified Full Thrust...My rules are evolved from these two systems and are more detailed and with a greater scale...both give the BSG feeling to the play though and thats the important factor...

heres a link to basic system...including More Thrust, Fleet Book I, Fleet Book II, and the basic rules...there are also several BSG conversions/Mods available ( just search "Full Thrust BSG" on google)...its probably the closest to what I use and is easy, quick, detailed and popular...also its been adapted to Star Trek, Star Wars, B5, and maintains it's own universe as well its darn near a universally adaptable rules-set and cheap and fast to play and learn...

http://www.groundzerogames.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=9&id=29&Itemid=50

fact is there are so many kinds of miniature ( I now have over 50 kinds of Colonial ship and 15 types of Fighter/Smallcraft, and over 40 types of Cylon and 12 kinds of Fighter/smallcraft) you could just do a miniatures supplement and be busy for a long while...I just acquired a bunch of new ships for the campaign...I had thought I was about done adding to the OOB's and MTOE's but I am happily wrong about that! Plenty more to add...and more being made all the time...more companies and individuals making them than I can easily list...some of my new stuff I dont even know who made it or where it comes from...but I like it all and will use it and make stats for them and put em in the OOB and MTOE...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:19 pm 

Still no news?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:27 am 

I have finished two Cylon ships and a third is currently under construction. Release is dependent on many factors beyond Fox miniatures control.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:29 pm 

Pic sent to me by Myr, not sure where he originally got it from, not sure who's seen it. If I'm not meant post it just tell me and I'll take it down.

Clearly recognisable are two of Limerickots ships, plus one done based on concept art.

edit - not sure why it's not working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:37 pm 

I can't see the image.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:22 pm 

Fixed. I was trying to link to an email attachment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:04 pm 

It was me! I've been chatting w/ Myr about Cylon designs and wanted to share a sneak Peek.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:52 am 

Ah. I really don't get why he didn't just post them here.

Also, no scaraby :sad:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next