Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:37 pm 

I can't find any 'fluff text' on the Seaxneat, but given the apparent limitations of the forum's search function, that may not mean much. :sad:

In any case, this kitbashed version is meant to represent a ship developed based on surplus Colonial hardware 'acquired' from boneyards by a group of Cylons as they fled persecution at the hands of the Sanctimonious Seven, an historical event they refer to as the Second Schism (and which the Seven don't talk about at all, even among themselves). Coming to another part of the galaxy - an area inhabited by non-Colonial humans! - they traded with a friendly local power and began building up their defences, to protect themselves both against local threats and the possibility of an attack by the Seven.

Each turret houses two Hellion-55 naval lasers. The forward VLS has fourteen quad-packed cells housing a total of fifty-six capital missiles, loadout variable depending on mission parameters (including contact nukes and, at later stages in the fighting, bomb-pumped laser-heads), with three guidance channels available. The midships VLS are for 'Javelin' anti-fighter missiles (I haven't decided if they're quad-packed as well) with all-aspect coverage. The Raptor gunships are for delivery of battle-armoured Marines, either in boarding actions or surface interventions. The augmented DRADIS dome represents the presence of a Small Naval Comm-Scan System, with capabilities above and beyond those of 'standard' WarShip sensor suites.

Itsomi, when you see this, could I trouble you for two things?
> Firstly, may I have your permission to use this kitbashed variant on your ship as a vessel in a fan-fic?
> Secondly, could I trouble you for the font-settings you used for the current ship-name? I'd like to give this vessel her proper designation: in Freedom Five service, she's the first ship of the 'R' class, going by the name Retribution.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:46 am 
More than one Hoplite

Cool! I espetialy like the side of the head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:59 pm 

yeah side view is cool!

great backstory-sanctimonious 7 hope that sticks, it fits...first I ever heard them called that... :damnfunny

yeah the Cylons in my campaign are having an "upheaval" of their own and soon there may be a Cylon collective and a Cylon Empire

and yes one faction wants peace or at least neutrality with the humans...problem the Colonials dont believe or trust them either...

Like Xraiders new turrets they look like German ww2 DP mounts from the Bismarck...not exactly but same cool kinda shape..

make your VLS SAM's Rotary 8 cell type like S-A-N-6 that would be cool!

good luck...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:05 am 

yello. I like the litte details you've added onto the ship, but i think you're overgunning it. specificly, the guns on the 'flight pods'. there isnt much room for the weapons systems in the roof or floors of those, even for lasers. anway, even without those she's more than a match fo another ship her size. remember, the galactica only realy uses its eight dorsal guns most often, and it wins more often than not against modern cylons!

as per your requests.
> you have my permission to use aslong you're not going to make millions with it (in which case i want half) all i need is a link to your fan story so i can:
A) read it, always love a good fanstory
B) post said link in my deviantart page on the origonal ship there.

>the font i think i remember is 'Small Fonts' in MS paint, at font size 7.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:04 pm 
Nyssa's Heart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:28 am 

Itsomi wrote:
yello. I like the litte details you've added onto the ship, but i think you're overgunning it. specificly, the guns on the 'flight pods'. there isnt much room for the weapons systems in the roof or floors of those, even for lasers. anway, even without those she's more than a match fo another ship her size. remember, the galactica only realy uses its eight dorsal guns most often, and it wins more often than not against modern cylons!

I have to confess that I started this mod by directly replacing all of the visible gun-turrets, including the 'lighter' batteries on the flight-pods and the anti-fighter(?) turret on the nose, not considering the matter of internal space (because: lasers!) or even giving the logic of the weapons layout much thought. More to the point, in the universe/paradigm it'll be used in, an armament of merely 52 naval lasers (albeit heavy ones) could be considered under-gunned for a battlecruiser.
That said, the point is taken. With a little rearrangement of the bow and ventral batteries, not to mention the fluff-text, I should be able to redress the issue somewhat. :wink:

Quote:
as per your requests.
> you have my permission to use aslong you're not going to make millions with it (in which case i want half) all i need is a link to your fan story so i can:
A) read it, always love a good fanstory
B) post said link in my deviantart page on the origonal ship there.

Make money... from fan-fiction? :ROFL :damnfunny

The fic is Meeting Engagement, found at Spacebattles.com, more specifically here. It's a response to a challenge requiring a multi-crossover between nBSG, BattleTech, and a modified version of Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan continuity(!). The Freedom Five will make their first appearance in the next installment.

Quote:
>the font i think i remember is 'Small Fonts' in MS paint, at font size 7.

Thank you kindly, sir! :thumbsup

@ myrmidon:
Alas, I did not coin the term; that honour belongs to evilauthor, in the fic Fifth Column, which you can find here. Be warned, though: evilauthor has completely thrown out the canon "Final Five" and blatantly ignores all of nBSG's fourth season.
Personally, I think the fic's all the better for it.... :lol:

@ captshade:
Oooohh, pretty! The use of dark-grey as the base hull-colour is particularly nice, given the influence that another local power has had on their naval practices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:53 am 

good it should be thrown out. purged and ignored thats what I did in my campaign as well, actually I threw out the whole show using ideas, characters nad ships only...totally different...there is no CNP or RTF, the war has been waging for a long time...

I hated the Final 5 stupid concept...

stupid that Tigh and Ellen and Chief were Cylons and crpatastic done for nothing other than shock value...Tigh was sos unlikely it should never have been him, I can relent on Ellen, but Chief no way again....

I would have killed Tory just for the fun of it. and wished that John/Cavil had lived that sucked he shot himself ( what he gives up because its the last show?) Poor Dean Stockwell that was lame so was the battle at the Colony a huge letdown,

Anders Meh and again meh felt sorry for him but thought the whole last season blew hard chunks of repetitious unoriginal sanctimonious unlikely contrived crap...angels? Star Trek and Star Wars dont need cheap parlor tricks and charlatans. oh wait they have some too they just dont suck as loudly!

concept of the final five sucked too...just give them 12 models of skinjobs billions of each and let them be ambitious and power hungry among their own kind, and also make the Cylons have to work to go from Centurion or Plebian (worker Drone Cylon droid) up the ranks through IL series and the Gold leader Centurions to finally be worthy of having their intellect programmed into a Skinjob body, a much more evolved concept...that makes the Cylon society make more sense with the old shows influence...

Thanks Death I will go and read them and hopefully revel in something sensible that wasnt a complete letdown at the end...

was I being harsh?...its the Tequila! :thumbsup I like to buy all of ya a drink but you arent here so I will have one for each of ya! :shock: :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:17 am 

Myr, I hope someone will help you if you fall on the floor from being too drunk! I have a question concerning those turrets on the flight pods: Is there enough depth under those turrets for ammo magazine like this:
Image?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:38 am 

Lasers so probably dont have to extend down into a shell room and "Powder room" and the hoists arent necessary...

was always a concern of mine for mounting weapons on launch bays actually...

thanks for the unwarranted concern but I am a pro...never drink more than you can see... :damnfunny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:37 pm 

mryms a marine, us jarheads and squids can handle our booze.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:21 pm 

yeah, right. I hear that all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:27 pm 

yes petty officer, port calls are always funny when your on the pier watching your fellow swabies stumbling back to the ship.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:06 am 
MR SULLIVAN wrote:
Myr, I hope someone will help you if you fall on the floor from being too drunk! I have a question concerning those turrets on the flight pods: Is there enough depth under those turrets for ammo magazine like this:
Image?

Even if they where ballistic they may still have enough space.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:10 am 

I say no, them turrets are what, 3m barrel... so you are talking about needing 3m diameter rounds that are probably going to be something like 8m long.... that's a lot of stuff, then you have powder, gun supporting beams, the power systems, even the rotational systems will take a lot of space, and the fact of that in Galactica we saw them lift up before firing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:54 am 

DEW Lbraden so no Projo's to move...and no concern about recoil either...

and Alabama is smaller than Iowa so just imagine...

I think its doable as DEW without modifications...