Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:39 am 

Just one comment on an amazing piece of work.

Have you tried 'lowering' the tail section? What I'm trying to say/explain is instead of having the tail empenage project over the top of the center engine. have it emerging from beneath?

Hence creating an effect much like the god old Wart-hog A-10?

Just a thought.

Again, a really nice piece.

:thumbsup

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:39 pm 

Update the 4th: I had some free time over the weekend and I managed to get some work done on this over it. Major changes include: I swapped out the air intakes for the sleeker variant from before. I changed the secondary cannons again for something more... *ahem* robust and sleek, as they just seem to add more to the design now. Finally, I reworked the *hump* in the side view to better conform to the design as it stands now, admittedly it looks rather odd at first, but give it some time... it'll grow on ya. :wink:

Minor changes include: I added detailing to the central engine housing in the form of heat vents and to the top view *hump* corresponding to the revisions made in the side view. I've also begun to add in the RCS thruster points into the strikefighter's design as well.

What's Left: I still need to adjust the side view to match the changes made to the air intakes and the secondary cannons. Final detailing of RCS thruster points and a couple more ideas I have rattling around in my brain that I want to try out. Lastly, I need to get my hands on a few ordinance part sheets to give my strikefighter a more complete and comprehensive weapons loadout.

bruenor2187 wrote:
Very nice work.

TurboCoupeTurbo wrote:
This looks great Raz. I can't wait to see where you go with this.

russell4250 wrote:
Love the Heavy strike fighter. Talk about your pain the Cylons butts....Great Job.

Peebo- wrote:

Again, a really nice piece.

Thanks guys, I'm glad your liking it so far!

Meugen06 wrote:
Does this beauty has an internal weapons bay.

Peebo- wrote:

Have you tried 'lowering' the tail section? What I'm trying to say/explain is instead of having the tail empenage project over the top of the center engine. have it emerging from beneath?

Hence creating an effect much like the god old Wart-hog A-10? Just a thought.

@ Meugen06: I hadn't thought about it, but I don't see why it couldn't. It is rather large for a colonial fightercraft, so fitting one in wouldn't be a problem necessarily.

@ Peebo: No, and I don't really intend to do so either. I like it the way it is now, as its how I originally envisioned the design to begin with.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:53 pm 
Site Admin

The cockpit/nose has a very F7U Cutlass profile.

Click the link to read Lady Hecate off line in PDF, .epub, or Kindle formats: http://www.bsg94.org/downloads/index.html
Click here for the Colonial Warbook for Lady H: http://www.photobucket.com/colonial_warbook

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:38 pm 

I hadn't really noticed before, but yeah it kinda does doesn't, heh.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:40 pm 

Ahh, the "Gutlass"...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:54 pm 

Update the 5th: This has been sitting on my hdd collecting digital dust for awhile now, and given my current work schedule and other pursuits, probably my last for awhile. She's pretty much finished as is, all she really needs is for her arsenal to be swapped out and the image cleaned up for final presentation. Though a few detailing bits still need to be done here or there as well.

Major Changes: The air intakes on the side view are done and the secondary cannons are finished too. Her arsenal is ready and due to be changed accordingly. I additionally added in one of my original ideas for the fighter, an omni-directional RCS thruster bank system based in the engine housing in the wings. The principal thought behind their inclusion is this will allow for more finite control while in a hover. For example in a close air support role, acting as a gunship for front line troops.

Omni-direction is achieved through twin sets of paired ball jointed RCS banks in both wings, in a dorsal/ventral format. These mobile RCS banks are then used in conjunction with the immobile banks based in the tail and bow of the craft, to provide a stable cone of thrust. Heat vanes direct the thrust either backwards or forwards or to the sides for V/STOL operations, all of which is drawn and shown in both directions for conveniences sake.

Minor Changes: Further detailing was added, and I swapped out the cockpit coloring for the one 50Stone did up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:15 pm 
Ship's Executive Officer

well done raz!

http://duke.xadro.net/index.php