Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:08 pm 

hello all, as the subject suggest, i am working on a project that has to do with Battlestars. the huge plan is simple. draw out the blueprints, than build it on minecraft for a bunch of kids. they are expecting it. i have several pictures, and sense it is going to be a full scale working model, ive been doing it on graph paper. however, having found this page while looking for deck designs i have noticed you guys have been using some sort of a paint program, said program may better help me understand how i could do deck placements, and better understanding where things go.

so, if you could share any insights at all to where i could get this program, or a program like it that could better help me, than by all means. naturally those that help me, will be credited, along with this site, and when construction starts, everything will be linked to the facebook page, and my youtube channel, and again. all those that help will be credited on all of that. with that said, those of you that wish to help with the construction of the battlestar on the minecraft server, just need to ask, and ill send the server info. remember this is for kids, so dont get yourself in upset mode cause its minecraft. kids like sci-fi too and have been asking for this ever sense i finished a live working model of a air craft carrier for them.

the design is more or less simple as it comes. its a basic standard BSG-class-BS, with minor changes to bridges, and some other areas. The creators of Battlestar Galatica never did release blueprints unlike star wars and star trek. most say its cause the ships are 400x bigger than the ships in those shows/movies. also, i have looked thru some pictures here already, and like some things that i see. if i use any of it, ill ask your permission first, and than if you say yes, ill credit you for it.

its nice to find sites like this, just cause well, its a hobby, i like minecraft cause i can build it, make it look semi-real, and than explore it. kids end up liking the stuff i end up making just because they can make some game or roll play with it. so those that would like to show me programs that could make this easier, please do. trust me, helping people out is sometimes better feeling than not doing much of anything else. a hobby is a hobby after all right. well i hope to see some folks willing to direct me the right way here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:14 pm 

That's quite the project you've set yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:30 pm 

yes it is. go big or go home is how i was brought up. thanks to a post by Jason M. i found a open deck cross section of the ship, so semi-there. ill try working from there when i get to that point, only need to drawing program to piece the add on's, and go from there. but give it a few months and i should have a hold on it, and construction of everything will be underway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:40 pm 

Well, good luck to you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:00 am 

Good luck and have fun at the same time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:56 pm 

Have you taken a look at the Galactica in the LINKS section under Minecraft Galactica. The Hull is completed from there the interior could be done however you like to do it. Just a suggestion, I hope it helps.