Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Civilian Hauler WiP
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:15 pm 

This is something I am working on at the moment, I wanted to create something for battlestar Galactica but I also wanted to make it from scratch and only the chart and the container are not made from scratch.

The ship is propelled forward by a set of massive engines each capable of propelling the craft forward on their own which gives them more than enough power to exit a planets atmosphere under its own power. The craft is designed to haul those heavy cargo containers to and from various locations, it can also be used to haul military equipment and vehicles to and from various locations.

- - - - - - -

The stuff i still have to do is the front portion containing the controls and the additional plating, which i would like your opinions on what design i should use for the bridge and anything else you can suggest.

Also I would love to hear what you guys have to say about the craft.

Post subject: Re: Civilian Hauler WiP
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:29 pm 
Site Admin

Are the engines at the center of gravity? If not, I'd add a second set, perhaps smaller, forward or imply that there's some other method of lift for the bow section.

Click the link to read Lady Hecate off line in PDF, .epub, or Kindle formats: http://www.bsg94.org/downloads/index.html
Click here for the Colonial Warbook for Lady H: http://www.photobucket.com/colonial_warbook

Post subject: Re: Civilian Hauler WiP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:51 am 

I would say that those Firefly style engines are center of gravity. But there may be a smaller thruster benith the hull to help engines out.