Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:01 pm 

Those are really REALLY big drawings. That must have taken ages to make.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:21 pm 

Sharing my current progress on the work on the Artemis Class Battlestar the progenitor battlestar to all future battlestars that follow such as Jupiter, Minerva, Valkyrie and so on.

Image is thumbnailed for linking to Imgur

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:18 pm 

Sovereign2 wrote:
Sharing my current progress on the work on the Artemis Class Battlestar the progenitor battlestar to all future battlestars that follow such as Jupiter, Minerva, Valkyrie and so on.

Image is thumbnailed for linking to Imgur

Already looking pretty good. I love the cream color they gave to the ships on Deadlock.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:36 pm 

Progress on the Artemis is slow due to a busy schedule the last few weeks.

But here's everything so far.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:40 am 

Sorry haven't loaded anything for a long time, I got bogged down by all the C-virus events in my line of work. And haven't had any free time to sort anything.

Now thing are settling I'm getting back into working on stuff again, I'll be Resuming work on the Artemis soon but as well I'm overhauling my Original take on the Minerva type as the Aligator head has been bugging me lately as i made it a little too stumpy and square compared to the in game design.

So here's a sneak of the start to reshaping of the head.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:01 pm 

Quick bit of work but the update to the Minerva is now done.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:08 am 

Bit of an Update on the WIP Artemins class.

Hopefully will be completed by the end of the week with some luck.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:35 pm 

A suggestion for when you get to the Adamant, could you mark out where the point defense guns are. Game wise they don't exist for balance reasons, but realistically they would carry a decent amount of point defense.

Also we see in Deadlock the Jupiters had their missile launch tubes in the Alligator head just behind the forward side thrusters, the missile tubes at the neck were a post war refit. Another side detail that shows just how adaptable Colonial Designs were. Hell, it wouldn't have surprised me if Jupiters built post war before the Mercury came into service, had automated factories for Viper and Raptor Production and VR Trainers, they have the space, it just has to be allocated via internal redesign. Unless they anticipated again slapping on the overkill number of gun turrets again and needed more space for the ammo.

Edit: clarify what tubes I meant.

Last edited by CommissarGolladay on Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:43 pm 

I assume the Artemis/Minerva has way more PD guns then the game shows. I know Galactica in the show has 500+ small calibre point defence guns from the old tech book they put out plus it's 24 main guns.

I assume like Pegasus and Galactica the Artemis, Minerva and Adamant and the other colonial warships in the game would have numerous PD guns all over the hull between the armour plates like Gal and Peg did on the TV show. But with the games engine for balancing I can see why they were not present in the game or if were only in smaller numbers.

As for including them on the ship's the scale of the ship's would mean you'd barely see them so I'm just going to assume they're there rather then go cross eyed trying to place them all, as for Adamant alone I'd say that ships verging on the 700+ meter length of vessel as it's roughly half the length of the Jupiter so even it's PD guns would be at bare minimum be around the 90+ ammount.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:57 pm 
Site Admin

Old tech book?

Click the link to read Lady Hecate off line in PDF, .epub, or Kindle formats: http://www.bsg94.org/downloads/index.html
Click here for the Colonial Warbook for Lady H: http://www.photobucket.com/colonial_warbook

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:11 pm 

Think it was Science of Battlestar Galactica it was a long time ago since i looked at it, and the Zodiac model of Galactica had 514 mounts for PD after it was pulled apart and examined.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

Ok.

Click the link to read Lady Hecate off line in PDF, .epub, or Kindle formats: http://www.bsg94.org/downloads/index.html
Click here for the Colonial Warbook for Lady H: http://www.photobucket.com/colonial_warbook

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:16 am 

Sovereign2 wrote:

As for including them on the ship's the scale of the ship's would mean you'd barely see them so I'm just going to assume they're there rather then go cross eyed trying to place them all, as for Adamant alone I'd say that ships verging on the 700+ meter length of vessel as it's roughly half the length of the Jupiter so even it's PD guns would be at bare minimum be around the 90+ ammount.

Fair point, especially if we assume they are 89mm to 125mm caliber. The main guns, holy cow, the more I look at them, I realize they are truly massive 2.5m guns, or roughly 100 inches. Saddam called it good at 40 inches for his Baghdad Cannon. And given what we know about Tylium being used as an explosive, and what we see Viper Missiles do to asteroids, the power behind those shells is just awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:15 am 

Due to work picking up again my progress might be slow. But I have made a start on the Adamant class.

Only a quick start so far and about 45 minutes in total whilst i had some free time today.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:40 pm 

End of todays work on the Adamant class.

Hopefully will find some more time this week to progress it further but until then here's the WIP so far.