Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:38 pm 

funny you had this, I just remember how ugly it was to reconstuct the top and front view from the side view.... and that i came pretty close to this xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:06 pm 

Yeah, you did a pretty dang good job of it, too. :thumbsup

EDIT:

Small modular turrets designed to give interceptor-grade fast-tracking to medium guns like railguns and ion guns. Miniaturized Q-laser similar to EFNI Nike Battlecruiser laser but with superior rate of fire; would be an awesome interceptor/light antiship battery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:51 am 

the railgun could be problematique, beacause of the ammunition feed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:54 pm 

AresXVIII wrote:
the railgun could be problematique, beacause of the ammunition feed

I thought the ammo would be at most three pixels long in this scale, but maybe you're on to something. Meanwhile, we can haz gravitic enginez. The Warlock designs mount onto a ship rotated 90 degrees from the stock Warlock engine to align the grav fins vertically for better pitch authority (thrust is most effective along the plane of the fin, similar to Minbari gravitic engines), but either way will work. Mounting it onto a borrowed gimbal and servomotors from an Omega destroyer to allow the whole damn engine block to (controllably, I hope) rotate is doable but not for the timid! :damnfunny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:28 am 

good work there, danny! these turn out to be far more realistic than efni

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:14 pm 

Thanks Ares. I'm absolutely addicted to gravydrive engines, pretty much. They make even ships not painted red go faster! I'd imagine the big-fin Warlock block would be roughly about half a Sharlin main fin's worth of gravitic thrust on top of the fusion engines' thrust, and good roll and pitch authority. The cross engine having two thirds a Sharlin's gravy with slightly less fusion engine thrust and symmetrical yaw/pitch maneuvering authority from the cross shape of the fins.

As for those turrets, I was thinking the turret would have passthroughs for energy and ammo feeds already designed into it, but that sounds like it could get complicated. The Big version I originally designed follows, with new Minbari and Kirishiac-based weapons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:59 pm 

Danny420Dale wrote:
gravydrive engines

You know, if my story wasn't meant to be realistic in terms of how soft it rates as a whole in Sci-fi, I'd totally make a drive technology that runs on gravy after seeing this part of your post. :ROFL

Actually, I might try to somehow wedge this into the story as comic relief.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:23 pm 

WHAT FLAVOR?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:15 pm 

Spoot Knight wrote:
Danny420Dale wrote:
gravydrive engines

You know, if my story wasn't meant to be realistic in terms of how soft it rates as a whole in Sci-fi, I'd totally make a drive technology that runs on gravy after seeing this part of your post. :ROFL

Actually, I might try to somehow wedge this into the story as comic relief.

I actually got "gravy" from Schlock Mercenary, as a word meaning 'gravitic tech or force applied by same' :damnfunny
scionofschraapnale13 wrote:
WHAT FLAVOR?

I prefer low sodium chicken gravy with shallots, myself

One last note:

efni.org wrote:
TECHNICAL DATA: Westhinghouse-O.T.O. Melara M381 Heavy Gravitic Fusion Pulse cannon

Designer/builder: Westhinghouse-O.T.O. Melara .
Mode:Pulses
Power/Feeding requirements: 296 Terawatts (296 e12 Watt) - the power output is 1150 Terawatts.
Range(effective): 1280 km
Rate of fire: Maximum, 120 pulse/minute, standard (on Centurion Dreadnoughts) 80 pulse/minute
Nominal bore: 4*12 meters (barrel bore, 12*28 meters)
Energy for each shot/discharge: 860 Terajoules (860 e12 joules)
Nominal piercing power, solid steel: 92 meters

Two hundred kilotons, holy frakking shibozatrons! That'll put an asswhuppin from hell on anything it hits. No wonder everyone likes the things!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:04 pm 

Hat tip to williamjoseph for the original quad guns from EAS Imperium; they're now quad 20mm railguns. The turret also comes in a twin rotary pulse cannon flavor. The middle row is from wj's small guns on the same ship's neutron gun turrets: a repeating pulse cannon, 57mm railgun, and light plasma pulse mortar. Right row is an even smaller Q-laser meant to be a drop-in replacement for EFNI WRI-2028 PD ion turrets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:46 pm 

someone said they wanted the small arms off of the destroyer i had made, so here it is. This cell contains some small arms from ENFI. The smallest of them however are mine. use freely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:59 am 

So I got to thinking about a gun on this thread while my internet was kaputchka this morning, and now that it's back, I'll post the question:

Williamjoseph's Phased Array gun, third one down. How the devil does that thing work? I can't for the life of me figure it out or what it does to the target.

Or to put it in Juggalo 4chanese, Fecking Phasers, How do they work? :damnfunny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:00 am 

ok, i consolidated all my weapons sheets into one for the most part. They come from everywhere and no where. I know that there are a lot of artists out there that care who and where their stuff shows up, so this is the list so far, from me, AresXVIII, danny420dale, TKB, CanisD, and from ENFI the website. If you need your name added to the list, just say so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:57 am 

Oh god I see my old sensor clusters. They're hideous. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:15 am 

Wow, even moar stuff I've not seen before! Awesome!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next