Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:14 pm 

Yeah all the major salient features are there with only minor variations. Spoot did you create that design, if so you should really call her out on that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:12 pm 
I was looking around the Battleships forever forum and apparently jade's work predates Arcane Dude's by almost 3 years. If anyone could call anyone on it it would be jade calling arcane dude.

But anyways I still think it's a cool ship. Anyone look at her site on deviant art she has a really cool Venator mod there too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:18 pm 

I wish I was that good at making ships to make something like that. No, like Mrwoodchuck61 says, that ship is taken from a fleet of similar designed ships made by Arcanedude for BSF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:39 pm 

I saw Foxgirljades mesh at scifi3d.theforce.net a few years back when it was still up and going, and unless she posted somebody elses WIP pics as well as how far she got with it, that is her work
If anyone needs to be called out, Arcanedude is it..

He takes images straight from Deviant art and gives no credit on them at all.
There isn't one ship in "his fleet" that isn't taken from someplace else.

What makes him a overly seriously useless 'tard in my book is he'll nag on somebody for doing something that he himself does.

Like this for instance.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2912&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Just don't be suprised at all when you guys find some of your work end up in that game (I'm fairly certain I've seen a few things already since the game came out).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:15 pm 
Well Jade is fully aware of it now too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:13 pm 

MWolfe wrote:
Just don't be suprised at all when you guys find some of your work end up in that game (I'm fairly certain I've seen a few things already since the game came out).

Apparently you didn't realize that this game allows anyone to create their own ships. Should Paramount and Lucasfilm sue Wyrdysm simply because someone saw fit to make Star Destroyers and USS Enterprises?

Simple fact is if a game has a ship design feature, it's good to expect fanships.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:16 pm 

ALLRIGHT.

1) Yes, I used that design as a reference picture for the ship Spoot showed you. But, as said, the design predates my adaption almost three years. Yes, I should've contacted her, but I didn't know she was still active in any way. If she reads this, my apologies.

2) The adaption I did was only to be used by a small community, 50 people at most.

3) Yes. I didn't say it was someone else's design. Again, my apologies, I have no excuse.

Quote:
There isn't one ship in "his fleet" that isn't taken from someplace else.

Actually, Fox Girl Jade's Infiltrator is the ONLY design I used that isn't entirely mine. The others were done in a similar style, yes, but they were my designs.

Quote:
What makes him a overly seriously useless 'tard in my book is he'll nag on somebody for doing something that he himself does.

Like this for instance.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2912&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

I didn't nag. I simply stated that the ship wasn't original, just as people did when they found out that I had used the Infiltrator as a reference picture for my Vox Vocis adaption. Difference is, I didn't start a discussion about it, and neither did I call him "an utter 'tard" , thankyaverymuch. The "nagging" about weapons clutter is purely game related.

Quote:
He takes images straight from Deviant art and gives no credit on them at all.

Image. Singular. You're right though, I will give credit for the design from now on, again, my apologies.

Now, I have noticed FoxGirlJade registered on wyrdysm about the same time this discussion took place. I will send her a PM with apologies and a request for permission to keep using the design. If not, I will take it down and build a replacement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:09 pm 

Quote:
Apparently you didn't realize that this game allows anyone to create their own ships. Should Paramount and Lucasfilm sue Wyrdysm simply because someone saw fit to make Star Destroyers and USS Enterprises?

That i am fully aware of..
Quote:
Should Paramount and Lucasfilm sue Wyrdysm simply because someone saw fit to make Star Destroyers and USS Enterprises?

should they.. no
can they.. most certainly.
It is technically copyright infringement after all and "fair use" really only has limited protection value.

Quote:
2) The adaption I did was only to be used by a small community, 50 people at most.

That really isn't an excuse.

The net is a mighty big place all one has to do is use google images and you never know what will turn up.

IF anyone is familiar with the Star Wars: Force Unleashed and the "fractalsponge" Stardestroyer mesh fiasco you'll see just how big a so called "small community" really is and just how badly you can get screwed over for not knowing the laws.

That little episode should be researched by everyone who makes fan work.
It says one thing loud and clear, just becuase you drew(copied) it, and put your name on it, it doesn't mean you have any rights to it at all (which you don't).

anyways....

Most people just want to be given credit that's it.
It's such an easy thing to do and absolutely no excuse not to.

The Reason I'm so hard on this subject is because I have IP I have to protect myself (and lawyers happy to do it with me) and if you don't protect it, I promise you the courts won't either, it may sound mean or vindictive but the internet is getting out of control with this issue.

Anyways we discussed this and far as myself is concerned it's over and I'm done with this off topic conversation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:48 pm 
foxgirljade just happened to be approached to have that ship made into a miniature, when this popped up here about the design and who's it was. Truthfully it was all by chance that I shared the picture here and someone who recognized the design as another ship piped in.

Yes, it is very easy to ask for permission to use a design, the worst anyone can tell you is "NO" and you move on without it. That's how I met Jade asking her if she minded my using here picture in discussion and to join the discussion group, she did on another board. That's how the miniature thing got started, it put her in contact with the right people. Funny how those thing work.

hope things are all settled now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:52 am 

Yeah, it's solved. I sent her the PM, and she said she didn't mind as long as I gave credit from now on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:06 am 

the nebulon b isnt a medical frigate. it was converted infact it has similer weopon style as the trade feds.. its got one hell of a massive ion cannon.. but i would think she would of been stripped and most of its weopons put on the mon cal cruisers ? what do you think of this idea