Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:56 pm 

As recommended in another thread, I am starting my own. All my ships are made with kits provided by Trebuche Starships http://trebuchestarships.blogspot.com/

Here is the current ship in progress, after view. The shuttlebay doors are in place and i will be adding landing pads shortly. Pylons were corrected when I noticed that there was a gap between the hull and the connecting pylons. I am considering using a Miranda-style rollbar with torpedo/sensor array. Will post test images later.

Here is the top and bottom views without the rollbar in place just to show why the image size is so large. Once again, will add landing pads to the shuttle bays shortly. These Enterprise-B/Lakota parts are huge especially the top view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:21 pm 

So, landing pads added to the view now. I am thinking of the primary hull as a pie graphic, with the after quarter of the saucer being dedicated engineering spaces. Might work.

Notice on the front view I have placed the lounge/botanical garden. It's my nod to the Galaxy class. Next up a few tries with various setups for the torpedo/sensor pods. Stay tuned!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:39 am 

I decided not to use that Miranda pod or roll bar set, looked goofy. And I tossed the windows at the bow and instead put in the photon torpedo tubes instead keeping the design pretty and linear.

I think this should do it. Let me know what you guys think before I finish this and move on to the next design that I have been thinking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:43 am 

After a hiatus due to computer issues, I am returning with a new work in progress, the Arely Luna named after my niece:

Those Trek 2009 nacelles always look too big somehow or maybe i have not gotten used to the style of parts yet. Still very much a wip in the fore view, going to have to sort out how to make the pylons work out graphically.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:22 am 

nice start!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:32 pm 

Some further advances on the Arely Luna. Hey it's a holiday weekend for me, have other stuff in Photoshop to do so i thought I would play with these parts again in the meantime.

The rollbar with torpedo tubes is meant to be seen only in the foreward, after, and top views. And I am thinking about shrinking those nacelles down small by at least 50% so that the ship doesn't look so off balance. What do you my fellow artists think about shrinking those nacelles? Let me know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:11 am 

I personally like it as it is, with these big nacelles, this ship looks powerfull with it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:35 am 
Ship's Executive Officer

top view, the last ship, your portside nacelle is misaligned in relation to the starboard nacelle.

archive of our own, good place to find lots of fanfiction:
https://archiveofourown.org/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:39 pm 

Well, my niece thought otherwise. she said that the ship looks unbalanced with such large nacelles. So I went and shrank said nacelles down so that they look proportional. And fixed that misaligned nacelle, thanks for ctaching that!