Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:49 pm 

This is a work in progress, a design I have been working on and refining for sometime (four months now). It started out as a handdrawn piece, moved to paint and then to Adobe Illustrator when I managed to nab it.

Here is a Snippit from the Technical Writeup I am in the process of working on as well:

1.0 Monarch-Class Introduction

1.1 Mission Objective

Pursuant to Starfleet Exploration Directives 902.3 and 914.5, Starfleet Defense Directives 138.6, 141.1 and 154.7, and Federation Security Council General Policy, the following objectives have been established for the Monarch-Class Starship:
1. Provide a mobile platform for a deep space scientific and research projects
2. Replace the aging Galaxy Class Starships as Starfleet

Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:37 pm 

AWWWWESOME!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:43 pm 

Agreed FRACKING amazing!!

'..and tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved Earth and Heaven, that which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts made weak by time and fate but strong in will, to strive, to seek, to find and not to yield'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:34 pm 

Thanks for the the positive feedback! Glad to see folks like her as much as I do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:13 am 

Nice flow, the main sensor nedds more definition I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:43 am 

fan, friggen tastic!!!

considering the miranda-class served from 2290ies till beyond 2376, i dont think the galaxy-class would be write off after only a few decades. i think it was alunched around the 2350ies, so retirment wuld e around 2420 i think. keep em in service, just not explorers.

great design, great job so far, great tech storyline, fabulous! cant wait for it to be finished!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:51 am 

Nebula was 2355, Galaxy was 2360

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:37 am 

thanks, i wasnt far off-

wait, the nebula was pre-galaxy!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:47 pm 

Oh I have no intention of sending the Galaxy-Class Anywhere. She is Starfleets premier ship for science and research in the Alpha Quadrant. However, the Monarch is a Slipstream vessel and designed to go above and beyond. I am designing this for a Star Trek simulation called Star Trek: Andromeda,

more info here: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Star_Trek_Andromeda/index.php?act=idx

Which will follow the ship pictured above, the U.S.S. Odyssey, as she makes the journey to and explores a galaxy shattered by the Kelvan Empire which has left one-hundred years prior to their arrival.

As for the Main deflector, the reason it isn't very seriously defined is it is modeled after the Dauntless main deflector which, if you look at the design, was a very simple ribbon around the main engineering hull of the ship. This serves as the slipstream deflector and I believe the design optimizes the field.

Also, for all of those wondeirng how we get to Andromeda and are doing the math in your head, we are basing our travel speed on Voyagers 15,000 light year trip in 15 minutes in the episode "Timeless" using the benamite based core. This is what starfleet chose as their primarys slipstream engine to allow ships to get to specific locations very fast (but due to the stress and fuel consumption, revert to traditional warp for local travel)

Again all thanks for the feedback, top view is in progress, hope to have it up some time this week or next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:46 pm 

Yes, the USS Nebula - Nebula Class NX-(forgot number) was launched in 2355, check www.ditl.org for better info

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:57 pm 

I just wanted to Post and Update Concerning one of the Weapons the Monarch-Class Will be Fitted with and something I am quite proud of.

Transdimensional Torpedoes

One of the most deeply studied technologies brought back by Voyager after her journey through the Delta Quadrant was the very powerful Transphasic Tropedoes. After countless studies into the technology, it was determined that the weapon worked on similar principles to the transphasic cloaking deviced originally tested on the the U.S.S. Pegasus. This technology proved to be very powerful against the borg but had difficulty being utilized, effectively, against other foes due to its prime focus being an anti-borg weapon.

Starfleet had long since been exploring next generation torpedo technology to improve their ability to defend against new enemies as well as provide a weapon that was effective against planetary shielding which was quicly becoming a viable reality.

With subspace space being a probed and understood extra dimension, a concept that grew out of the transphasic study was transdimensional technology. Studies into the existence of numerous dimensional folds outside the natural space time continuum proved that access to these ribbons of extra-dimensional space could be accessed through tears in our own continuum.

Four years of research and numerous prototypes later, Starfleet succesfully deployed the first Transdimensional torpedo. This weapon, using an artificial and oscilating subdimensional conduit, cirumvented the shields, armor, and very hull of a the starfleet dummy ship, detonating within the vessel with devestating effect - the concusive implossion of the ship after the detonation of the relatively low yield charge. However, the weapon did loose some of its kinetic and physical force due to the fact that, for navigation, it was necessary to maintain a minute connection to our own dimension and thus the ships shielding and armor stripped away the energy yield of the weapon itself showing the weapon was not impervious to defense.

At time of the Monarch's launch, these weapons are standard issue on Federation starships, serving as a secondary weapon over the standard Quantum Tropedo which has officially replaced the Photon torpedo as Starfleet's main guided weapon. However, fear of these weapons being used on federation vessels has lead to further research into transdimensional shielding and armor, both of which have shown great potential.

Weapons Specifications

Length: 2.4M
Width: .76 M
Height: .45 M
Range: 4,000 km (From Stationary Source), 6,000,000 km (From Ship at Warp)
Warhead: 4kg matter/anti-matter warhead of variable-yield
Yield: 400 Isotons
Max Velocity: Full Impulse (sublight) 110% of Sources Veloicty (Warp)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:22 am 

Here is the Mk. 1 Bridge Module for the Monarch-Class

Write up to come soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:40 am 

damn you are good, I do my own scale trek blueprints, been looking to expand and redesign the blueprints, and possibly rescale them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:42 pm 

Wow, she's a beauty! Awesome job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:19 am 
Ship's Executive Officer

dear god in heaven!

I want one!

archive of our own, good place to find lots of fanfiction:
https://archiveofourown.org/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next