Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thunderbird Shadow
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:05 am 

Hi all!

I wasn't sure where to post this so please forgive me if it's in the wrong place.
I've been searching for reference images for the new Thunderbirds Are Go tv series. My daughter LOVES Thunderbird Shadow and wants me to draw it. I figure the design could be fun to fool around with for BSG as well.

Does anyone know where I can get preferably ortho images for Thunderbird Shadow? I've searched the internet to no avail. Please help!!!

Mia x x x

Post subject: Re: Thunderbird Shadow
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:52 am 

Try this Mia xx

http://haryopanji.deviantart.com/art/Th ... -644316737

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:10 am 

Thank you ever so much Ivanho. Unfortunately it seems to be a different version with a changed aft section.

Mia x x x

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:30 am 

As a kid I used to watch the original Gerry Anderson one and Captain Scarlet. Never knew about thunderbird S - I love that speeder bike coming out of the cockpit, really cool idea. Unfortunately that was the only ortho version I could find but good luck, BTW great story, should have my episode 3 up soon xx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:38 am 

I'm looking forward to that my friend.

Mia xx x x

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:56 am 

A present for mia and Ava xx

Gonna do a B.S.G version soon, and a Strike Bomber maybe....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:26 am 

This is the toy I worked from, not perfect I know but my first from scratch using no 'Canis' parts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:54 pm 
Site Admin

Very nice!

However, just as Kirk once asked, "Why does God need a starship?", I find that I must ask why a *rescue* organization needs a minute zero/day zero strike fighter that's is designed to penetrate severely defended airspace?

It ranks up there with an "intelligence" agency having capital ships...

Click the link to read Lady Hecate off line in PDF, .epub, or Kindle formats: http://www.bsg94.org/downloads/index.html
Click here for the Colonial Warbook for Lady H: http://www.photobucket.com/colonial_warbook

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:16 am 

Strange question Kurt, are you asking the forum or me, I would counter by asking why do the U.N peacekeeping force carry weapons - I do realise they are not allowed to use them unless fired upon - I always think best to be on the safe side and not get caught with no protection, as is the case here.

By the way in case no one guessed, Thunderbird S is from the new anime of Thunderbirds are Go

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:15 am 

Thank you so much Ivanho, Ava absolutely loves it. Thinking of incorporating her into Anaphylaxis's airwing. Something special maybe ... something to accompany a special Stryx. What do we think my friend, they look good together?

Mia x x x

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:55 pm 

Sounds like a great idea Mia, looking forward to seeing the results xx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:16 pm 
Site Admin

Ivanho wrote:
Strange question Kurt, are you asking the forum or me, I would counter by asking why do the U.N peacekeeping force carry weapons - I do realise they are not allowed to use them unless fired upon - I always think best to be on the safe side and not get caught with no protection, as is the case here.

By the way in case no one guessed, Thunderbird S is from the new anime of Thunderbirds are Go

I guess a bit of both, just throwing it out there. To me, when I see "rescue group", I think of something more along the lines of civilian fire departments, paramedics, even deep woods search and rescue, not heavily armed combatants. As for the UN Peacekeepers, they're being deployed to war zones and I don't think the contributing nations want to see their personnel coming home in boxes or being held for ransom, though I'm not so sure about the actual UN civilian leadership, but the whole UN issue is really a debate for another forum.

Click the link to read Lady Hecate off line in PDF, .epub, or Kindle formats: http://www.bsg94.org/downloads/index.html
Click here for the Colonial Warbook for Lady H: http://www.photobucket.com/colonial_warbook

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:23 am 

kfeltenberger wrote:
However, just as Kirk once asked, "Why does God need a starship?", I find that I must ask why a *rescue* organization needs a minute zero/day zero strike fighter that's is designed to penetrate severely defended airspace?

It ranks up there with an "intelligence" agency having capital ships...

kfeltenberger wrote:
I guess a bit of both, just throwing it out there. To me, when I see "rescue group", I think of something more along the lines of civilian fire departments, paramedics, even deep woods search and rescue, not heavily armed combatants. As for the UN Peacekeepers, they're being deployed to war zones and I don't think the contributing nations want to see their personnel coming home in boxes or being held for ransom, though I'm not so sure about the actual UN civilian leadership, but the whole UN issue is really a debate for another forum.

Hello, International Rescue, this is the manager of Trans-Europe Express, we’ve just been contacted by a terrorist group that claims their going to blow up the 4:15pm Mag-Lev from Moscow to London as it passes through the Channel Tunnel, they say the brakes have been disabled so it can’t be stopped and that they’ll blow the train NOW if we try to evacuate it.

Trans-Europe Express this is International Rescue, we copy & are in route, we’ll lift the passengers off while in motion & derail the train before it reaches the Tunnel, as for blowing it before hand, we have an asset that can jam the signal & “deal with the terrorist group” if they’re in the area & try something more physical.

International Rescue, Trans-Europe Express, thanks for the help, over & out.

There's all ways more than just one way to get a cat out of a tree, you can climb up & get him, OR, you can shoot the branch off the tree & grab him when it drops. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:21 am 

Yes your right Kurt the U.N issue is maybe not to be debated here, I was trying to use them as an examlple of the "speak softly and carry a big stick" scenario - or in other words with regards to weapons on a peacekeeping force, or in this case a rescue organisation, I always feel it's better to have them and not need them than need them and not have them don't you think?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:44 pm 
Site Admin

Ivanho wrote:
Yes your right Kurt the U.N issue is maybe not to be debated here, I was trying to use them as an examlple of the "speak softly and carry a big stick" scenario - or in other words with regards to weapons on a peacekeeping force, or in this case a rescue organisation, I always feel it's better to have them and not need them than need them and not have them don't you think?

Absolutely! My students often remark that carrying a concealed firearm isn't always comfortable. To which I reply, "It isn't supposed to be comfortable, but it is supposed to be comforting...when you need it, you'll have it, and let's pray that the worst that happens is that you're a little uncomfortable."