Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Phoenix Fleet
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:42 pm 

Folks I have been working on a new set of drawings for my "Pilgrimage to Earth" story.
I thought it best to start a new thread as these ships tie in with the story line at present, the "Earth defence force" ships are merely a taster of things to come further into my saga.
They are warships as opposed to these ships from my Phoenix fleet which are all civilian.
Please read my story and hopefully you will get a clearer picture;

This ship is the Genesis ship, also known as the Chameleon ship. She has full stealth capabilities, and can "cloak" by projecting the image behind onto the front of the ship, she then becomes virtually invisible. Vitally she is home to the cryogenic chambers containing the volunteers as visited by Sire Dmitri

Here she is in stealth mode

Next is the hospital ship containing a state of the art triage suite, operating theatres, respite care, r and r facilities including bars and restaurants in three giant atriums at the top of the ship, and a chapel. The medevac shuttles are based on canis's Eagle transporters.

Finally for now the "Agrobot" or Agriculture and Botanical cruiser which contain all manner of flora and fauna, fields, forests and are the bread basket of the new Phoenix fleet.

Post subject: Re: The Phoenix Fleet
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:08 pm 

Have you come up with thier statistics yet?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:13 pm 

Mm no not thought much about that to be honest other than the size chart - to be honest you can decide that among yourselves I don't really want to get bogged down with that cos too busy drawing the buggers lol. Also need to crack on with the second part of "a new beginning" all I can tell you thus far is that they have extra thick hull plating, the cradle (outer cage) houses a turbo lift transit system - no armament only electronic defence shields. Size wise they are massive, about the length of the Galactica (original series) but a little narrower. Some 500 tech crew - 20,000 mature humans in stasis on the Genesis ships. There are four of each ship in the fleet. More to follow but need to write first. Thanks for your interest hope you like them - Ivan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:14 am 

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you the 'Ship of Worship'

"The ship was unique in that she was not owned by any company or organisation, and was not under the jurisdiction of the military or council, she was neutral territory provided and built by volunteer construction crews who all had religious beliefs and wished her to be commissioned.

She had several distinctive features including a forward control center and bridge, a glass atrium leading to a massive church, behind which were two cloisters containing flower gardens, a maze and areas for people to gather and relax together. Behind these cloisters was an area with a black and white mosaic floor and a huge fountain, known as the fountain of youth. In this unique fountain was a stock of fish, which were to be used to feed the many guests, red meat and alcohol were not allowed.

One huge area at the stern of the vessel was however, off limits to the general masses, she was to become the private quarters of Dr. Zee and only his aides and invited guests were allowed here, she was distinctive from the rest of the vessel, in that, instead of the materials to construct the 'Monastery' she was built from sand coloured 'rocks' which were actually composite materials like the rest of the hull, it resembled a castle, again the cynics had a nickname for it, Dr. Zee's ivory tower".

Thanks go to Kurt for allowing me to mod the Kobol Ark