Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:59 am 

Battlestar Talos is sweet! Nice work!

Battletech sucks out loud! sorry folks 20 years ago when battletech came out we played it and realized it was lame! simply put by CanisD (thanks- too true man), a gun that shoots farther because its smaller is tosh, my main complaint was that we have (here on 21st century earth) conventional (non-railguns) that out perform any weapon in the whole game!

so your telling us (battletechs authors) that when we (the human race) learned to make hugely impractical giant robot warmachines that we decided to use newer weapons even though they dont work as well as the older ones! and are less practical, more tempermental, and more expensive and harder to maintain,Balderdash! Poppycock! also no one would build a target I mean a mech, its immobile, unmanuverable, tempermental, slow, vulnerable, expensive, and draws fire more than any tank! in fact M-1A2 or Challenger or Leopard2 tanks could easily outfight mechs! Couple of fireteams with MILAN or TOW or AT-8 wire guided man portable anti-tank missiles would wipe mechs out from beyond the ludicrously short ranges of the weapons that mechs carry. or better yet call in some arty (artillery) and watch those things dissapear. the art work in battletech was cool the game wasnt. Power armor troops would waste mechs. Dont get me started on their missiles! or on heat sinks etc..

So I would never use anything from that lame universe to quantify/qualify anything in a universe thats as cool as BSG!

again I suggest (and will use) 5 gun calibers,

CIWS-PDRG (close in weapon system point defence railgun-smallest gun used to engage missiles and fighters at very short ranges),

LRG (light rail gun-weapons on Valkyrie or similar),

MRG (medium rail gun- the weapons on Galactica or similar),

HRG (heavy rail gun-the weapons on Pegasus turrets or similar),

SHRG (super heavy rail gun-Pegasus fixed <Chin> guns or similar)

could even invent one size bigger but not really necessary since nothing bigger has been seen and the SHRG's are plenty effective.

also those of us playing SFB/BSG crossover already have these rules in place and they work much better than Battletech/Aerotech ever did.

please any other system but battletech.

thats my 2 cubits!

Whadda ya hear? :thumbsup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:33 am 
Fearless Leader-With the Gods

Even though it is unrealistic, I quite enjoy Battletech. We've spent many a game discussing the faults of the system, and one of the guys I play with is an aerospace engineer who worked on the Dyna-Soar project back in the 60's so he know's his stuff. We finally decided "screw it and roll the dice". As for gaming BSG, I've seen several conversions for SFB, Babylon 5 Wars, Full Thrust, Star Blazers, and a couple others that would probably work good.
http://www.fluency.paintedtarget.org/bsg/index.html
http://www.star-ranger.com/Home.htm

Permission is granted to use most of my work, so long as credit is given. Before using my commissioned work, please get the permission of the person who commissioned it.
Wolf's Shipyard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:45 am 

Question?: Didn't Sharons ECO, Crashdown come from the Trition, because if it's presumed all hands was lost, than Crashdown would be too?

Explain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:58 am 

The Admrial wrote:
Question?: Didn't Sharons ECO, Crashdown come from the Trition, because if it's presumed all hands was lost, than Crashdown would be too?

Explain

He probably abandoned ship and found the Galactica later. It's not stated in the show exactly how he escaped, but its obvious that he did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:08 am 

IIRC, Crashdown has BSG-39 "Battlestar Triton" patch on his shoulder when he first boarded Galactica.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:56 am 

Yah it's not really that visable to see, but if you get to that scene and get it right in the exact spot you'll be able to see the full patch. And RDM did confirm he is from Triton and this is not just there by accident. So Crashdown's raptor either shot down, he ejected or something and was happened to be found.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:36 pm 
Ship's Executive Officer

ok, it's a different hull than the one referred to in that episode, and this ship is indeed of an older class, so, it's not unreasonable to assume a mistake was made.

in this case, there is no mistake, again, older ship, different class.

sorry it took so long to respond, my net decided to crap out again, I spent a few days determining it's the modem's fault, I've since given verizon a suitable dressing down, and they've promised to have a replacement modem out to me within a few days, a new one, not a piece of s**t refurbished one(I was quite vocal with insisting on that point).

afterall, I do handle the upkeep of the family's network, so, yeah, I was quite pissed on discovering they'd shipped a refurbished unit to us, as a replacement for the last one, which it turns out, was faulty.

now, back to my ordered R&R, before my doctor finds out and gives ME a dressing down.

keep the faith,

X.

p.s., I'll be back to my regular usual hours in july(aka whenever the frak I want to be online), when my enforced R&R period is up.

archive of our own, good place to find lots of fanfiction:
https://archiveofourown.org/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:27 pm 

Im bringing her up to date with current drawings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:17 pm 

Gus wrote:
Im bringing her up to date with current drawings
When you're done, may I post her in my galleries?

RIP, CanisD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:40 pm 

Sure! :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:05 pm 

Hello there

sorry to bring up a very dead thread but i was browsing through my computer archives and found some of my WIP's of Triton and Goliath back when i was Skeletor on the ole Sci-Fi meshes.

i am very grateful to you guys for taking an interest in my original concepts. i still have all of my work and i am looking to get back into drawing these ships, as i have recently re-watched BSG and still to this day think they are some of the best sci-fi ship designs ever.

many thanks to XRaiderV1 for keeping it alive and as what Kylo Ren once said "finish what you started" :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:30 pm 

Welcome back, can't wait till you start drawing again.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:54 am 

here is where i left her off

as you can see she has had more armor on the pods and engines, but i will use the updated ones from now to complete what i originally set out to do!

and here is some more chin armor added

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:00 pm 

Good Show There Friend!!!! been a while since a good ship showed up on the BSG side of things here.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:42 pm 

Allot of work went into that, nice job.