Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:40 am 
Fearless Leader-With the Gods

Well, in the Hecate story the Cylon attack hasn't happened yet...

Permission is granted to use most of my work, so long as credit is given. Before using my commissioned work, please get the permission of the person who commissioned it.
Wolf's Shipyard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:57 am 

Which is probably what I didn't recall why she survived. Like I said, still trying to sort out like eight fanfics, including mine. Caught myself writing a scene recently that "tasted" entirely too much like another authors for my comfort!

I don't want anyone to get me wrong, I don't hate larger designs, I just feel that the Mercury class is a good top end representation of where the Colonials were at when The Fall came about, but if others want to write about larger ships, by all means, its their show.

And since we have not one, but two good models of how you can write about a truly heavy warship in Prometheus and Nova, its not like their isn't a degree of precedence, now is there? :thumbsup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:46 am 

gryphon wrote:
I don't want anyone to get me wrong, I don't hate larger designs, I just feel that the Mercury class is a good top end representation of where the Colonials were at when The Fall came about, but if others want to write about larger ships, by all means, its their show.

And since we have not one, but two good models of how you can write about a truly heavy warship in Prometheus and Nova, its not like their isn't a degree of precedence, now is there? :thumbsup

I see the Prometheus and Nova classes as the generaly max size before you start thinking about mobile bases.
Basicaly the replacement for the later Cylons their Basestars, in a improved jacket.
This means that there is more production and storage capability onboard ships past those sizes, with possibly, dockyard capabilities.

I think for that size, you best of taking a Y shape and using CanisD his mobile yard for the inner V part of the Y, the outer part of the V could hold the engine blocks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:34 pm 

Well, the Prometheus and Nova have nothing on the Infinity, and ONI was able to keep her a secret!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:09 pm 

The Infinity?

Pizza the Hutt: Barf... Puke... *Whatever*!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:02 am 

KombatWombat wrote:
The Infinity?

http://www.halopedia.org/UNSC_Infinity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:47 am 

UNSC Cruiser Infinity, its 3.5 miles long, and pack with every piece of Forerunner tech the UNSC has gotten their hands on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:14 pm 

Gus wrote:
UNSC Cruiser Infinity, its 3.5 miles long, and pack with every piece of Forerunner tech the UNSC has gotten their hands on.
I see. I thought you were referring to ship from BSG not Halo.

Pizza the Hutt: Barf... Puke... *Whatever*!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:29 pm 

The UNSC is not quite so open a setting as NuBSG is chief. They have a history of black book programs, and their newsies also seem to be aware that if they successfully out such a program, they are fine...but that success is not that easy, and failure means they disappear into a black hole!

While its possibly NuBSG could have shades of this, the impunity with which the civilians dominate the Fleet up to the Fall (as is a standard concept for a democracy) makes me think such a move would be much, much harder to accomplish.

Is it possible? Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it really, especially not considering the implementation of the the CNP.

Note that I also feel that the UNSC got away with way too many shady deals too. But that could just be that even before the Covenant showed up, the UNSC had been stomping on civil rights for time already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:49 pm 
Site Admin

I can see some smaller ships being "black booked" in BSG, nothing more than perhaps a couple hundred feet at most and minimally armed. Anything larger than that and the money and resources are going to be missed. Anything on the scale of a battlestar or something even larger is going to raise red flags all over the place. This isn't to say that there aren't legitimate black projects that are out of the public eye and funded by the government, but for the big stuff it would be like rogue admiral or "7 Days In May" style cabal covertly building, outfitting, and crewing an entire Nimitz class strike group.

Click the link to read Lady Hecate off line in PDF, .epub, or Kindle formats: http://www.bsg94.org/downloads/index.html
Click here for the Colonial Warbook for Lady H: http://www.photobucket.com/colonial_warbook

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:15 pm 

Next Project:Infinity, this is going to take awhile.... :sad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:02 pm 

The modified viper of the Shooting stars, it can turn quicker than a normal MK7, but it only has two guns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:07 pm 

If I had a viper...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:20 pm 

Blood and Chrome Acropous

Post-Refit Acropolis, addition of more missle pods and also new pod supports.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:30 pm 

Second refited Battlestar Acropolis, The upgraded DRADIS systems and EW suite allow her to preform an active eletronic warfare attack on other ships before destroying them with her guns.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next