Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:58 am 

Unipolar seems to have the same idea I have regarding the whole "Cylon civil war" thing. The "first" civil war is what took place between the centurion factions during the Cylon Uprising. The "second" civil war is what took place between the human cylons after the fall of the Colonies.

Pizza the Hutt: Barf... Puke... *Whatever*!

Post subject: Re: Cylons Terminology?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:14 am 
Site Admin

KombatWombat wrote:
No, what I said was that the centurions revolted against the other faction of centurions during the first uprising making it a sort of civil war. This was my understanding because I was thinking of elements from Kurt's story. The error was mine. So on that note, let's just agree to disagree and leave it there.

Just a point of clarification...

The Cylons on Agartha never took up arms against other Cylons during the Uprising - they took themselves out of the equation and left Colonial space.

Click the link to read Lady Hecate off line in PDF, .epub, or Kindle formats: http://www.bsg94.org/downloads/index.html
Click here for the Colonial Warbook for Lady H: http://www.photobucket.com/colonial_warbook

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:36 am 

kfeltenberger wrote:

The Cylons on Agartha never took up arms against other Cylons during the Uprising - they took themselves out of the equation and left Colonial space.

Sound similar to Ryan's Battlestar Ares story line from Battlestar Prometheus. Did they leave with Human too?

In Leonidas...the Antebellum Centurions fight against the Cylons Centurions during the Cylon Revolt. However, the Antebellum Centurions fled Picon because some humans throughout the Colonies didn't trust them. They did fight a a guerrilla war against the Cylons Alliance during the First Cylon War; helping the Colonies during several battles. Post-Cylon attack, the Antebellum Centurions protect several Picon ships including the ship carrying the Royal Family of Picon. But this is not a civil war since the Antebellum Centurions don't think of themselves as part of the Cylons Nation. More along the lines of North and South Korea. The reason, why I including the Antebellum Centurions was to raise the idea of judging Cylons by how they look. Since the Antebellum Centurions look very close to Cylons Centurions; Stryker and other felt they was the same and couldn't be trusted.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:44 am 
Site Admin

allenknott3 wrote:
kfeltenberger wrote:

Sound similar to Ryan's Battlestar Ares story line from Battlestar Prometheus. Did they leave with Human too?

It is not similar to what Ryan wrote in BSP.

Click the link to read Lady Hecate off line in PDF, .epub, or Kindle formats: http://www.bsg94.org/downloads/index.html
Click here for the Colonial Warbook for Lady H: http://www.photobucket.com/colonial_warbook

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:52 am 

kfeltenberger wrote:

Ryan wrote about a Battlestar, Ares, with Centurions and Human aboard who didn't want to take part in the upcoming conflict between the Cylosn and Colonies. So they left Colonial space before the Cylon Revolt.

You write about a group of Centurions on Agartha, which I'm assuming is a planet, who did flight during the Cylon Revolt and left Colonial space.

Sound similar to me. I'm not saying you copy Ryan, all I'm saying is that it sound similar.

BTW, I like the name Agartha. I think I'm going to used that for a planet in Leonidas. I will said you have some good names for stuff; which is a weakness of my...giving characters, ship, etc name.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:14 am 

kfeltenberger wrote:
KombatWombat wrote:
No, what I said was that the centurions revolted against the other faction of centurions during the first uprising making it a sort of civil war. This was my understanding because I was thinking of elements from Kurt's story. The error was mine. So on that note, let's just agree to disagree and leave it there.

Lol. My bad. I don't know what I was thinking. :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:17 am 

allenknott3 wrote:
kfeltenberger wrote:

You write about a group of Centurions on Agartha, which I'm assuming is a planet, who did flight during the Cylon Revolt and left Colonial space.
I'm pretty sure Agartha was a space station not a planet in Kurt's story.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:30 am 

KombatWombat wrote:
allenknott3 wrote:
kfeltenberger wrote:

I'm pretty sure Agartha was a space station not a planet in Kurt's story.

Again, was not have know that. Hint the assuming part. But thank you for clarifying. But it still make my point valid.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:37 am 
Site Admin

allenknott3 wrote:
kfeltenberger wrote:

Ryan wrote about a Battlestar, Ares, with Centurions and Human aboard who didn't want to take part in the upcoming conflict between the Cylosn and Colonies. So they left Colonial space before the Cylon Revolt.

Sound similar to me. I'm not saying you copy Ryan, all I'm saying is that it sound similar.

BTW, I like the name Agartha. I think I'm going to used that for a planet in Leonidas. I will said you have some good names for stuff; which is a weakness of my...giving characters, ship, etc name.

Allen,

I'm really tired of your thinly veiled passive aggressive jabs that I'm plagiarizing you, Ryan, and whoever else you dig up. You've done it off list and now you're doing it here, and you even admit you haven't read what I've written.

Let me be clear - what I did with Agartha is not similar to what Ryan did with BSP.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:31 pm 

kfeltenberger wrote:
Allen,

I'm really tired of your thinly veiled passive aggressive jabs that I'm plagiarizing you, Ryan, and whoever else you dig up. You've done it off list and now you're doing it here, and you even admit you haven't read what I've written.

Let me be clear - what I did with Agartha is not similar to what Ryan did with BSP.

Kurt,

I never said you plagiarized Ryan and I don't believe you did. I don't believe you plagiarized me either. I think we have similar main characters and some other similar idea but that all.

I had not read your story, and never will, but from what little I have to go on, it again sound similar to what Ryan did in BSP.

BTW, author does similar things to other author: including borrowing idea, plot line, backstory, etc. For example Deep Space 9 is similar to Babylon 5. Not a copy but similar.

I'm not saying you copy Ryan (or me for that matter) but you have story-line or character that sound similar to what Ryan or I have also done with our story.

For example, Lucas 'borrow' several things from Sci if of the 1940s sci if and Drones from the 1972 Silent Running. Another is the opening crawl of the Star Wars movies which Lucas 'borrow' form the Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe.

Last, how do you know what do did with Agartha is not similar to what Ryan did with Ares in BSP? Since you have said you don't read other fan fiction story.

Also, we know both of us have 'borrow' B5 ships designs for our stories.

So, let me be clear - all I'm saying Agartha sound similar to what Ryan did with BSP. Or maybe some what similar. I didn't said you copy him and since i never read that part of your story, I can't said you copy him. It still sound similar to me and that is all I'm saying.

I'm not being passive aggressive. I'm entitle to my opinion of you and your story and the right to voice those opinions. You're entitle to your opinion of me and my story and the right to voice those opinions. I voice the opinion I think that the new Battlestar Galactica season 3 and 4 are horrible. If even nobody else agreed with me but I'm still entitle to voice my opinion.

Now, I did received a warning from CanisD about my previous comments. While I don't agreed with him, since it his forum, I have make no more such comments. Me saying that your idea was similar to Ryan should not be thought of as attack on you, your story, or anything else since it is not.

My problem with you it very simple: You stick to what you think (even those I think you're wrong) and I stick to what I think (even those you think I'm wrong). However, the issue become is that it is all right for you to stick to what you think but it not all right for me to stick to what I think and that is how I see it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:49 pm 
Site Admin

allenknott3 wrote:
Last, how do you know what do did with Agartha is not similar to what Ryan did with Ares in BSP? Since you have said you don't read other fan fiction story.

Given that I was reading it before writing Lady H, I think I can say with certainty that it isn't similar.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:51 pm 

kfeltenberger wrote:
allenknott3 wrote:

Given that I was reading it before writing Lady H, I think I can say with certainty that it isn't similar.

I thought you didn't read other fan fiction? As you have said before. So are you saying now, you don't read other fan fiction expect for BSP?

If it not similar, then what would you call it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:53 pm 

Where's XRaider when you need him to calm things down?

RIP, CanisD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:05 pm 

Wolfman wrote:
Where's XRaider when you need him to calm things down?
I was just going to ask the same thing. But in all honesty, let's try and be nice to each other.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:21 pm 

allenknott3 wrote:
kfeltenberger wrote:
allenknott3 wrote:

I thought you didn't read other fan fiction? As you have said before. So are you saying now, you don't read other fan fiction expect for BSP?

If it not similar, then what would you call it?
Correct me if I'm wrong. The Cylons on Agartha Station didn't want any part in the Uprising so they left and the Cylons on the Ares in BSP didn't want to be involved either so they left as well. Could that one part alone be comparable? If not that's fine too.