Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:20 pm 

No worries Kurt.

Without the FTL capable murder robots killing all humans, I went the standard sci fi style lifepods instead of using small craft as escape craft.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:56 pm 
Site Admin

:-)

My last thought on the issue is that most designs seem to be tapped for missions other than which they were designed for and having at least one or two "ship's boats", especially on a ship 1500' long, would seem to be an easy addition, even if they're scabbed onto the hull.

Click the link to read Lady Hecate off line in PDF, .epub, or Kindle formats: http://www.bsg94.org/downloads/index.html
Click here for the Colonial Warbook for Lady H: http://www.photobucket.com/colonial_warbook

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:17 pm 

I agree with you on that. But the Virgon Royal Navy is well equipped enough in my verse that it is much less of an issue than it first appears.

And the flaws gives me a reason to introduce modified versions and follow on classes that correct or compensate those issues. ;)

I will note that there are two docking ports on the P-class, which are equipped with umbilical. These at least give the ship the ability to soft dock with other ships in the event that no small craft are available.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15