Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:20 pm 

wow, thats just a headache waiting to happen trying to figure out those numbers.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:03 pm 
Site Admin

Challenge accepted. ;-)

Click the link to read Lady Hecate off line in PDF, .epub, or Kindle formats: http://www.bsg94.org/downloads/index.html
Click here for the Colonial Warbook for Lady H: http://www.photobucket.com/colonial_warbook

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:31 am 

While you do that I will help by having a few Drams of Glendronach. How this helps? Not sure yet, but I will let you know. LOL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:50 pm 

Ivanho wrote:
Unfortunately I am unable to open file in any format so can't view your ship so can't help I'm afraid!

I am having the same problem

Let this be the hour when we draw swords together.
Fell deeds awake.
Now for wrath,
now for ruin,
and the red dawn.
Forth, Eorlingas!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:52 pm 

Ok, I used the other links you provided, didn't read far enough down...

Mother of God! What a monster.

Let this be the hour when we draw swords together.
Fell deeds awake.
Now for wrath,
now for ruin,
and the red dawn.
Forth, Eorlingas!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:21 pm 

Schulz189 wrote:
Ok, I used the other links you provided, didn't read far enough down...

Mother of God! What a monster.

Love that reaction.. worked hard to get it :twisted: thanks :)

deleted all links, updated first post with latest link.. its a straight google drive direct image download.

From now on I will simply update the first post with latest version

Latest update:

1. rebuilt all agro pods, if you like them, let me know and will post them separately. Based off Canis's original pods, they are 100% rebuilt to match ships size. They have full internal workings.. see main image link in first post. Details are on the main ship's image.

2. added preliminary detailed population breakdown.. total population just under 13,000,000

3. Tons of rebuilt areas and detailed pixel level fixes (a non stop job), though you probably won't notice them unless you have a good screen resolution and a good photo editor to view image. Tons more missile and turret changes and additions. Lots of changes to side and top view of rear airfield under engines. Top of biggest side pods in top view partially redesigned.

4. Fixed all areas of the construction bay (ie under rear engine, Nova class battlestar being built there now) so all "fence" area is accurate, took forever to fix. Added two automated repair/build drones to top.

What do you guys think of the somewhat detailed population breakdown? Note I left 2.5 million classified as "Other" which is basically the category of "everything else" I even included a retired population in attempt to cover all areas..

The Army and civilian populations are broken down in more detail now.

Best way to view this ship:

4K!!! But.. if you don't have a 4K screen..

1. If you don't have at least a 1920x1080 screen.. don't bother.. you won't see enough of the ship on your screen to make any sense of it.. its that big (15,000 x 15,000). Guessing with sloppy quick math, that's like 8 x 13 - 1920x1080 individual screens. That's 104 separate 1920x1080 screens!!

2. I put a ton of detailed work into this image that you simply won't see in a basic image viewer, its is best viewed with a good image editor like Photoshop or my favorite, Corel Paint shop Pro (its what I use to make it) So you can zoom it to see allot of the detailed work I did (at the single pixel level). The entire ship was designed with this in mind. The ability to zoom in up to the pixel level to truly see the details in many areas I made is ideal. People that view it with a simple image viewer are missing out on allot of details. If you are not a pirate, I assume that the free programs - Paint.net or Gimp, will also be fine.

3. My computer is hooked to my 50 inch TV, so everything is very easy to see.. best if you have similar setup.. again.. yes the image is that big... and detailed.

Last but not least.. you are free to use/have this ship, edit this ship, do what ever to this ship you like.. I only ask you keep the credits so not just me but the countless others who's stuff was commissioned or used in this image get the credit they deserve.. I would love to see anyone's image of this ship bold enough to modify this thing :)