Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Repairstar
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:33 pm 

Repairstar created after the First Cylon War to accommodate the increasingly larger Battlestars. The ship sets its nose into the docking cradle and the exoskeleton (shown open) closes around it. The ship is operated from the smaller hull mounted along the port side of the repair dock. The cranes move back and forth from the deck and the exoskeleton is expandable. nearly as deep as a Battlestar, the area visible in the "Y" shaped bow is occupied by machine shops, manufacturing facilities, and equipment storage. Accommodations can be made off the ship to be repaired in the Vulcan's extensive habitat modules located on the port and starboard sides of the ship, well below the midline of the ship's "y" axis.

Let this be the hour when we draw swords together.
Fell deeds awake.
Now for wrath,
now for ruin,
and the red dawn.
Forth, Eorlingas!

Last edited by Schulz189 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Repairstar
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:29 pm 

Still can't figure out how to upload larger images...if someone is willing to talk me through it once I'd appreciate it...I notice a lot of the fine detail (and there's a lot of it) only sort of comes through; that's kinda disappointing when you spend three days wiring the struts on the exoskeleton...sigh

Fell deeds awake.
Now for wrath,
now for ruin,
and the red dawn.
Forth, Eorlingas!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:36 am 

Hey Schulz189 have you tried using Microsoft paint and simply dragging the border wider to accommodate the size you want.
There is always a trade off with these things, one either has to do the drawing small and lose clarity due to grainy and pixelated details when enlarging, or losing vital details when compressing, it's a real headache!
I have noticed you have had this problem before, the dropship you drew based on the original shuttle is a classic example. I was going to mod her as you kindly gave me permission but as I enlarged the image to work on it I found it much too grainy and pixelated.

There is one solution, if your band width is good enough, then draw her from scratch using paint and just keep dragging the border out till she fits in. I do realise this will make for a huge file size, but in order to maintain clarity you will need to go large with the file.

Then when you are happy with the result, post your image on a hosting site such as postimage.org and then select the file that allows you to copy and paste the thumbnail image into your forum page. All you need to do then is click on it from your thread and voila. I will elaborate further via p.m if it helps.

If you take a look at some of the size charts and large groups of ships that have been posted on this forum they will give you an idea, you have to scroll the image to see it all in most cases but that's the deal I'm afraid!

Hope this helps Paul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:40 am 

It does...thanks...if you want I can send you the original of the dropship

Fell deeds awake.
Now for wrath,
now for ruin,
and the red dawn.
Forth, Eorlingas!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:01 am 

Yes please that would be great