Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Terran Defence Force
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:14 am 

Having found Earth some thirty years prior, the colonies tirelessly pressed the political leaders on Earth to accept the noble intentions of the colonies. Having finally convinced them that it is only a matter of time before the deadly Cylon force arrives, and that this would have happened whether or not the colonial fleet had arrived as the Cylons knew of the existence of Earth if not its whereabouts, the colonies and Earth agreed to an exchange of technology for manpower. The newly formed Earth defence force would only agree to any notion of helping the fleet on the insistence of firstly constructing a small fleet of Battle Cruisers for Earth, although relatively small in size compared to a full Battlestar. The colonies would in exchange receive help in the construction of a new flagship, a de facto super Battlestar for the colonial fleet; The Galactica now a virtually crippled and obsolete warship was in need of a replacement together with a tacit agreement for a sister ship.

It was agreed that the colonies would have control of the far orbit of planet Earth with long term plans for a new carrier/battleship hybrid fleet to supersede the original Battlstar fleet which perished in the colonial wars, the Earth Defence Force would control the near orbit of Earth with its own ground based force of fighters, bombers and attack craft capable of atmospheric and space flight, together with their own fleet of battle cruisers.
The first of several pairs of cruisers was rolled out of the new Earth shipyards in the summer of 2045, it was the strike class cruiser, its primary role was to help shield fighters from Earth during take off and to provide assistance in the re-arming and repair of these fighters, she can be viewed here;

http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b40 ... rk48zl.png

Last edited by Ivanho on Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Eath Defence Force
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:21 am 

The second pair of ships were designed as an upgrade of the new strike class cruiser which it was felt served their purpose but the new air support class cruisers would provide a more flexible support for longer sorties of fighter squadrons, with the design of new thru decks to enable faster launch and capture times of squadrons during the theatre of battle;

http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b40 ... 3qzmkh.png

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:31 am 

It was then agreed that a minefield was needed to circumscribe the planet Earth as a last line of defence, this would include several varieties of mines with varying capabilities, some designed to cripple enemy forces, some to destroy them, hence came the new minelayer/sweeper class cruisers;

http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b40 ... 5sks1z.png

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:38 am 

The next priority for the new Earth Defence Force was to create ships to take the battle to the enemy, first up were a pair of ships capable of launching nuclear missiles, torpedoes, and a large suite of warheads of differing capabilities, this led to the introduction of the Guided Missile class Cruisers;

http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b40 ... v4er1a.png

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:44 am 

It was perceived that a weakness had been found in the support of the fighter, bomber and attack squadrons and that they were vulnerable to destruction from Cylon fighters if they were damaged, due to the lack of emergency landing strips in the vacuum of space. With this in mind a pair of such rescue carriers were built, the carrier class cruisers;

http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b40 ... whum7d.png

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:52 am 

After a small pause due to lack of capital funds, the major countries agreed to a pool of funds and resources to complete the final pieces of the jigsaw, having agreed that ships were needed capable to stand toe to toe in a slugging match with a Cylon base star, should the need arise to hold back oncoming enemy forces to buy time for the Earth to launch her defences, hence the new Broadside class cruisers;

http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b40 ... g0y1qc.png

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:03 am 

The final ships in the cruiser class were designed to be capable of vaporising a Cylon base star within minutes, they were the most powerful and dangerous ships yet built, both due to their destructive capabilities but also as they were extremely vulnerable to attack after delivering their fatal venum to a base star, their reactors then depleted after such an attack. They were therefore to be used as a stand alone ship far away from other ships and Earth orbit, they were the Attack class cruisers;

http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b40 ... 5v2zxa.png

Post subject: Re: Earth Defence Force
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:47 pm 

You caught my interest.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:54 am 

:cry: Nobody else's it seems

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:49 pm 

I like them, I just haven;t been commenting lately. Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:23 pm 

I like them, I just don't respond that often.
Good work.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:45 pm 

Thanks guys just wanted to be sure I was on the right track - will try and grow the fleet and flesh out the story when I can, have a few ideas but very busy as usual, will have more time after Christmas

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:52 pm 

Nice work man, I like how you don't shy away from guns and missiles and actually make your gun ships... A actual Gun ship :)
(Or missile ship, etc..)

You should make your links into thumbs, but find something better then photo bucket, like imgur or something, my advice anyway as photobucket sucks ass.

Kudos!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:27 pm 

Ok ShadowTek thanks a lot for the feedback, I'm afraid I am not a very tech minded person, how do I post thumbnails? Will have a look at imgur but at present photobucket serves its purpose, I just wanted a quick way of getting my images available to view.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:09 pm 

I use postimage.org. When you upload files, it automatically gives you links for thumnails and such; all you have to do is copy and paste.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next