Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:59 am 

Well not the whole empire. Though the Gamilas warships are clearly outmatched by Yamato's superior Iscandarian-based human technology.

We will hopefully see what happens with the Gamilas Empire in the new film, as it was left in an odd state with Dessler missing, several thousand warships destroyed, and part of the Subspace Gate network damaged. Plus some other major problems in the upper ranks due to Yamato or related problems.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:28 pm 

indeed, and when will this new movie be released?

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:38 pm 

The target release date for 'Ark to the Stars" is December 6th, 2014.

It is one of two films to be released this year. The other one will be out in October 11th and will be a condenced version of the Yamato 2199 story's 26 episodes into a single film.

A teaser trailer for both just came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KgfMAnbSAE

The music and words for the second part confirm...without a doubt, that Gatlantis is coming.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:48 pm 
Fearless Leader-With the Gods

Translated summary courtesy of Star Blazers.com The original site with trailer is here: http://yamatocrew.jp/crew/yamato2199/hakobune *complete with ominous music*

"Completely new feature film
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 "Ark of the Stars"

A hidden story from the year 2199 is revealed now!
In 2199, Yamato was departing from the Large Magellanic Cloud.
Calm air flowed between the crew, who had received the "Cosmo Reverse System."
At the edge of the Large Magellanic Cloud, Yamato encountered a mysterious fleet that suddenly appeared.
They were called "Gatlantis" and demanded that Yamato be handed over.
Yamato was in a hurry to return to Earth and avoid combat.
But an unknown entity appeared to block their path.

Yamato warped out in the nick of time, but in front of their eyes appeared the figure of a planet floating in a strangely-colored (light grey) space…"

Permission is granted to use most of my work, so long as credit is given. Before using my commissioned work, please get the permission of the person who commissioned it.
Wolf's Shipyard

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:17 pm 

The music being back means things are happening. Gatlantis is coming...and time will tell if Earth or Gamilas will survive.

"Ark of the Stars" teaser only:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_9-Az_DewM

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:41 am 

in 2199 we saw how Gamilas kick Gatlantian ass in episode 12 i think, and now it should be Earth and Gamilas together vs Gatlantians and their ever laughing emperor,

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:27 am 

Website yamato2199.net updated with a new promotional image for their new film "Ark of the Stars" coming out this December.

Update:

A new trailer:

And a revised story synopsis.

"In 2199.

After reaching its destination, Iscandar, and receiving the Cosmo Reverse System, Yamato prepares to leave the Great Magellanic Galaxy.

But as they reach the outer edge of the LMG, it encounters a mysterious task force. The commander identifies himself as Goran Dagamu of the Gutaba Expeditionary Rapid Assault Force, under supervision of the Great Capital City, "Gatlantis", and he demands Yamato to surrender.

Yamato wants to avoid the battle and hurry back to Earth but Dagamu's onslaught increases as he unleashes a power of a beam weapon capable of transcending space.

The name of his weapon - the Impact Flame Gun. It is the latest weapon of proud Gatlantis.

Yamato is saved in the nick of time by warping, but they wander into a different space bathed in a pale grey light.

As if controled by an outside will, Yamato's rudder turns, and they are invited to a mysterious planet.

Kodai, Kiryu, Sawamura, Niimi and five of Aihara's men descend to the planet to collect information. Once on the ground, they come across something that shouldn't be there, an ancient war ship (boat).

Dagamu warps after Yamato by following its space wake, reaching the grey colored space. The planet shining in front of his eyes, where Yamato was invited, is the very treasure planet he had been looking for.

Dagamu heads for the planet with his Flame Gun in order to burn the annoying Yamato."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:09 am 

Live action Star Blazers in 2017 or 18?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... ilm/.78505

Not sure about the idea. At least the guy who wants to do it seems like a fan and seems to want to be respectful to the Japanese with it. That at least provides some hope.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:17 am 

This appeared (someplace) on Twitter. 3D graphics of the new ships to be used in the up coming Ark to the Stars movie. (Gotten via the Yamato2199 facebook page)

Looks like, Yamato found that other craft they use to use all the time. (also the Wave Motion Gun is sealed up in this movie).

The Gamilas have a Battlecarrier with a new paint job.

The Comet Empire ships seen in Episode 11 (which were hand-drawn rather than CGI) get 3D CG images to match those of Earth and Gamilas.

And they get there new flagship, armed with the "Impact Flame Gun".

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:26 am 

Things are happening. "Voyage of Rememberance" comes out, but the hype is for "Ark of the Stars"

A trailer for instance (I really action packed trailer)

The Comet Empire theme is in full force.

There is a poster as well:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:18 pm 

More details on the new Comet Empire ships is up on the Yamato2199.net web site

http://yamato2199.net/about/mechanic_a.html

The text can even be translated this time around.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:48 am 

I have a question for all you Anime fans out there. I can't for the life of me remember the title of this movie so i'm hoping one of you can. Its where the hero is fighting from a One wheeled motorbike type war machine with a nice big gun attached to the side and he's fighting the bad guys in a bunch of tanks. The final scene I remember is where there is one last tank and him and its on a huge ramp. Does this even make any sense. Please help this old guy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:33 pm 

The only thing that really comes to mind is the Venus Wars movie (it had a one-wheeled motorbike type machine) that came out in the late 80's. It's been some years since I saw it so I don't really remember much of it. Hope that helps.

Pizza the Hutt: Barf... Puke... *Whatever*!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:49 pm 

Thanks, I will look for that title.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:43 am 

Groo the Wanderer wrote:
Thanks, I will look for that title.

Try before you buy! :wink:
http://www.animetoon.tv/watch-venus-wars-movie
Hope it's the one your looking for, it really is a good movie. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next