It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:45 pm 
Ship's Executive Officer

nice work Zagoreni

archive of our own, good place to find lots of fanfiction:
https://archiveofourown.org/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:06 pm 

i start re-writing jeager backstories, first three on first page were done, il finish remaining in next day or two, before i continuing with stories,and some new designs.

XRaiderV1 wrote:
nice work Zagoreni

thx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:10 pm 

come on people i want to see more of your jeager designs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:03 pm 
Fearless Leader-With the Gods

Can't really conceive of Latvia needing or being able to afford a Jaeger, but here's one anyhow. (My Dad's family was from Latvia, fled during the war, and now my cousin and his family have gone back.)

Permission is granted to use most of my work, so long as credit is given. Before using my commissioned work, please get the permission of the person who commissioned it.
Wolf's Shipyard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:09 pm 

i think that in face of destruction every country that have army will tranfer all funds that would usually be used to fund military, to jeager program, if that will help to protect against kaiju, and ocourse, many countries have budgets wich are created in 2-5-10 year period, for things that need to be replaced with new, .... that money can easly be tranfered to jeager projects. And beside who say that it must be type V and most expensive jeager,

well done Canis, cant wait to see more not only from you, from rest of the gang, to bad we dont have more parts to use in that designer,

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:44 am 

The thing is, these mechs are ~300' tall and weigh in at ~2-3K tons. That's kinda of weird, when you consider a modern USN destroyer is 10K tons and 500' in length. A modern USN nuclear powered attack submarine is less than 380' in length and less than 8K tons in weight. These things are actually pretty light by comparison!

Similarly, a single aforementioned Arleigh Burke costs around 1.85 Billion USD, while the Virginia comes in at around 2.5 Billion USD. That's pricy, yes, but several nations around the world would be able to handle that, basically any nation that is dabbling in stealth corvettes or larger right now should be able to field at least one of these guys, right?

Hell, the Shatter Domes themselves would easily be far, far more expensive in nature to build and maintain. Each was intended to handle what, a dozen or more units apiece?

I do wonder what happened with the concept of mass production here, economies of scale being what they are and all. I know they are pricy, but what aren't they being produced at the same rate as destroyers and nuclear powered submarines? (I am deliberately avoiding any spoilers as much as possible, as others haven't seen the jaw dropping awesomeness that is Pacific Rim as of yet...but I rigorously deny being biased in any way, shape or form!!! :P )

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:42 am 
Fearless Leader-With the Gods

Now, now, none of this "making sense" malarkey. Actual science has no business showing its face in a monster movie. One of the Wikis says Striker Eureka cost about 100 Billion dollars, though it doesn't provide a source. http://pacificrim.wikia.com/wiki/Jaeger
All the advanced systems and materials required would be massively expensive.

Permission is granted to use most of my work, so long as credit is given. Before using my commissioned work, please get the permission of the person who commissioned it.
Wolf's Shipyard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:48 am 

Striker Eureka is the most advanced jeager in movie, but nevertheless i doubt it cost that much. But smaller countires would be able to build from 1-2 (MkI ti Mk IV) jeagers without much of a trouble, as gryphon said jeager is actually lighter then most of todays equipment like AB destroyers, various subs, and not to mention carriers.

No bloody chance that one jeager could cost more then a nimitz class carrier. So in short, every country that have stable economy should be able to buy or build itself a jeager. Although i think that buying jeagers from other countires would be better, it would cut the some costs.

And yet watch the logic in the movie, 21 country join together and building the jeagers, if the other countires( and there is almost 200 on world) join up, there would be over 60-80 mybe even 100 jeagers built from 2015-2025. There wouldnt be problems with defending.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:46 pm 
Ship's Executive Officer

and finally the boss weighs in with his own jaeger! awesome boss!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:33 am 

Omega Halo

Type: Mk V
Name: Omega Halo
Country of Origin: United States
Launched: 2035

Speed: 9
Power: 10
Armor: 9
Kill count: 12

Omega Halo was one of three American Mk V jaegers build in 2035. It was stationed in Anchorage together with Gipsy Danger 2.0 from where is deployed to Pacific when needed. It was extremlly well build and effective Jaeger which prove its high kill ratio. From 2035 till 2041(end of war) it score 12 kills. It survived the war and after the war was placed in Jaeger museum near Washington D.C.

Hyperion Frenzy

Type: IV
Name: Hyperion Frenzy
Country of Origin: -
Owner: Nexon coorporation
Launched: 2018, retired 2025, reactivated 2032

Speed: 7
Power: 8
Armor: 7
Kill count: 5

Hyperion was third jeager build by Nexon, it help defenting many cities and towns acros the Pacific during the first war scoring five kaiju kills in total. At the end of war 2024-2025 it was stationed in Hong Kong shatterdome together with Kraken and Mjolnir but after Mjolnir destruction and later loss of remaining four PPDC jeagers that were still in service, Hyperion and Kraken remain only jeagers that were still active. Hyperion would be retired in 2025, but hastly reactivated after second invasion starts.

Kraken

Type: Mk IVa
Name: Kraken
Country of Origin: -
Owner: Nexon Coorporation
Launched:2020

Speed: 9
Power: 9
Kill count: 7

Nexon corporation who also created Striker Eureka for Australia, build its own jeagers wich help PPDC in defeating the kaiju. Tsunami Thunder was also one of Nexon's jeager, but was sold to Australia early during second invasion. Kraken remains under Nexon control, however it was stationed in Hong Kong shatterdome. Between 2020 and 2025 Kraken kills seven kaiju, and holding record like Striker never to be badly damaged. Kraken would play important role during the second invasion.

Leviathan

Type: Ia
Name: Leviathan
Country of Origin: Sweden
Launched: 2035

Speed: 4
Power: 10
Armor: 10
Kill count: 4

Leviathan was one of two Sweden Jaegers. It was build on Russian Cherno plans. It served as part of North Defense Command protecting Sweeden and other countries in region from kaiju attacks. It Scored four kills before it was destroyed by type IV kaiju in 2038.

Atlantic Mirage

Type: Mk III
Name: Atlantic Mirage
Country of Origin: France
Launched: 2033

Speed: 7
Power: 7
Armor: 8
Kill count: 3

Mirage was one of three France jeagers build during first three years of second invasion. It was stationed in Brest shatterdome from wich would be deployed in case of kaiju attack. When second rift opens in later 2033 in Atlantic, it would become on of jeagers that protect coast of France, Portugal and Spain. It will score three kills during the war, while from 2036-to the end of the war in early 2041 would be retired in favour of new Mk V jeager that would enter the service.

Citadel Defender

Type: Mk V
Name: Citadel Defender
Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Launched: 2034

Speed: 8
Power: 9
Kill count: 7

Third and most advanced UK jeager, Citadel Defender was leading jeager in North Sea teritory. It replace Ark Royal and Bulldog wich were transfered to Atlantic. During the war it scored six kills all on its own without any other jeager that help. It faced second and last kaiju of the second invasion the Type VI Megadon. However it didnt kill it by itself, several other jeagers participate in the fiinal battle wich saw death of the creature and final closure of the last rift.

Pacific Sunrise

Type: IIIa
Name: Pacific Sunrise
Country of Origin: United States
Launched: 2018

Speed:7
Power:8
Armor: 7
Kill count: 3

Sunrise was originaly build as replacement in case of Gipsy Danger destruction, however it stayed in service after kaiju attacks become stronger and more offten. It was piloted by Alex Dentell and Corry Kinger. During its carrer it kill two kaiju and was retired after reciving heavy damage during last battle in wich menage to kill its second kaiju. Nevertheless Sunrise would remain stored in Los Angeles shatterdome and when second invasion starts in 2032 it will be repaired but it will be brought to service in 2034 when another rift open in Pacific. Piloted by new rangers Sunrise would kill at least one kaiju before been retired in favour of new Mk V jeager that replacing it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:28 am 

Caution: Ponies.

I win! Jeager's are now 20% cooler.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:53 pm 

Oh LOL. Aliens will die of laughing...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:54 pm 

Bump

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:13 am 
Ship's Executive Officer

thats right, pacific rim uprising is releasing in TWO days!