Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:17 pm 

Ive always kinda wondered about this. As you look at the Pegasus, you have the two landing pod fields upside down from one another. I see how you would transfer.. say a viper from one field to another... I imagine it would simply be a locking arm or mechanism that attaches to the viper and as its moving through a designated connected pathway / elevator, would simply as its moving, rotate the viper 180 degrees and place it on the other side of the pod.

But I wonder how a person would get from say the top landing field of a pod to its reversed gravity counterpart on the other side below it. I sort of picture either an anti-gravity elevator, or say a elevator where you sit in seats with shoulder and wast straps, and as it moves from one area to another, it rotates 180 as it moves the gravity changes to the other side. Or maybe even a fun anti-gravity tube thing.. Like the batman pole leading to the bat cave minus the pole lol.

I'm surprised nobody has brought this up before as Ive always saw it as the elephant in the room, but how do you think the show runners envisioned dealing with this? It's never shown anywhere. It would seem inefficient to actually have to travel say in a raptor just to get from one side to the other. Do you think there would have been some sort of elevator or something that made the trip?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

Most likely some sort of manipulated gravity field for individuals walking up/down between the gravity planes, and probably something like shipping elevators with their own gravity planes that move into an area of null gravity and then pivot 180 degrees.

Click the link to read Lady Hecate off line in PDF, .epub, or Kindle formats: http://www.bsg94.org/downloads/index.html
Click here for the Colonial Warbook for Lady H: http://www.photobucket.com/colonial_warbook

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:05 pm 

ShadowTek wrote:
But I wonder how a person would get from say the top landing field of a pod to its reversed gravity counterpart on the other side below it

There are rooms like THIS at several points along the pod. :lol: