Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:21 pm 

Following the attack on Earth by the Drakh the Earth Force fleet commanders agreed that a new ship was needed to fend off such attacks.
While the Warlocks were effective in that engagement and the later Atlantis class destroyers were very efficient deterrents,
Earth Force needed something to combat larger ships such as those employed by the Drakh.

Earth Force asked Karmatech and Rocketdyne to work together and told them to create a ship that is not only heavily armed, but
BRUTALLY armed! The result was the Juggernaut. This massive carrier/battleship was armed with the latest in AAW (Alien Augmented
Weaponry). The forward nose cannons and aft engine cannons were more up-to-date versions of the Aegis orbital particle beam
emplacements, but this was not enough. The rest of the armament consisted of up-to-date neutron laser turrets that were used on
the Fortress Class Dreadnought, multiple rail gun batteries and a number of high-yeild anti-fighter plasma batteries. There are also a
multitude of kinetic energy weapons IE missile silos. There are 12x 8 gigatonne missiles with hardened exterior plating to withstand
enemy fire and they can either used in planetary bombardment or they can be remotely detonated when fired into the middle of an
enemy fleet. Also held in the missile racks are 192x 3 kilotonne anti-ship missiles. But the “sweet spot” of this new hull design is a new
massive gun battery that is designed around the idea of the neutron cannons. These guns are basically five neutron cannons in one.
Four neutron power plants are more than adequate to power the five focusing lenses into one massive “slicing” beam which is more
than capable of cutting through a Drakh carrier as if it was nothing more than butter and smoke. The engines not only use tried and
tested fusion rockets that have been in use since the days of the Nova class, but also employ gravitic fins and four new combined
gravitic-ion propulsor jets. Metal density has been increased which gives the 15 metre armored hull a lot more protection from energy
and kinetic based weapons and the armor mesh has an improved energy refraction capability. The lateral launch bays are doubled, and
able to launch a duel set of Thunderbolt Starfuries in rows of three, which allows the Juggernaut to carry 96 Thunderbolt fighters – as
well as 15 atmosphere-capable shuttles, 10 maintenance furies and 100 maintenance bots.

The combined fire power of the Juggernaut class makes it (unofficially) Earth's first planet killer and due to it's unique hull profile, is
informally known as the bull shark!

(Edited version - thanks to CanisD for the tip on aft turrets, they may still be close but I don't believe their firing arc will be affected)

Last edited by wallpaper on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:55 pm 

I love this one wallpaper :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:12 pm 

This deserves the classification Juggernaught

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:18 am 

Thank you, very kind! It took me forever to get the hull plating pattern on there! I didn't draw a template for it and did it all manually which - as you can imagine - is a pain in the ass! I should make a template ASAP! LOL! I am rather happy with this one :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:52 pm 

Great ship. I really like the armor.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:19 pm 
Fearless Leader-With the Gods

Impressive. The turrets on the section between the engine section and the aft heavy turrets might be a bit too close together to train without interference.

Permission is granted to use most of my work, so long as credit is given. Before using my commissioned work, please get the permission of the person who commissioned it.
Wolf's Shipyard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:22 am 

Good point - I'll change that LOL Thanks for tellin' me!! :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:07 pm 

bloody hell, i love it!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:28 am 

I'm glad you like it! :) took me so long to do, but I must say I'm rather happy with it myself LOL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:17 pm 

i hope il see more b5 designs from you, some frigates, corvettes , smaller destroyers,