It is currently Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:04 pm 

Voila! *Ship noises*

Annnnd with ChaosDemon's SD for size comparison

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:21 am 

*flies puny little snubfight around to attack engines*

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:29 pm 

is that a "giant boob nipple gun" up on top?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:45 pm 

Great Joe! I would consider that a semi recessed radar dome or shield generator.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:03 am 
More than one Hoplite

Very nice indeed! Are you considering a top down view?

The texturing on the bottom left does seem a little repetitive however

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:13 am 

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone :)

I'm not overly impressed with the 'texturing', though. I may re-do her in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:56 am 

Beautiful work,

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:58 am 

Wow they are the dogs boll...s as we say in Blighty - brilliant work

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:03 pm 

As if the Imperial-class didn't have already terrible weapon arcs, the First Order somehow improved how terrible they are!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:57 pm 

Probably worth it's own discussion but where did the First Order build all it's ships with no one even suspecting they were getting tooled up, the metal alone needed to be mined and shiped should have triggered alarm bells.

tbh the world building in the sequel trilogy is so poorly thought out I prefer Legends (and for other reasons)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

Where were they built? Space is big...really big. ;-) The metals could come from an asteroid belt or similar body and the production facilities could have been expanded from regional yards. If you try to think too much about the logic of Star Wars, I've found that it is a sure recipe for a stroke or stress induced blindness.

Click the link to read Lady Hecate off line in PDF, .epub, or Kindle formats: http://www.bsg94.org/downloads/index.html
Click here for the Colonial Warbook for Lady H: http://www.photobucket.com/colonial_warbook

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:45 pm 

I don't recall were I heard it from, but apparently they where built in the unknown regions? same area of space where snoke's religious order of whatevermacalledem is from.

But yea, the logistics of this should have alerted people - and the rampant kidnapping of kids for indoctrination too.....

but I'm more inclined to think that it's utter incompetence from the writers of the movies that made it such a mess to figure out ( I don't even care.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:56 am 

Also if it was built out in the middle of nowhere by Snoke's species/group why does it essentially follow the design lineage of Kuat Drive Yards dagger shaped designs, not only was the design from possibly a different species asthetics but also built in yards built specifically for that shape/layout/design over decades, but also historically the Empire's Star Destroyers were essentially defeated by the New Republic's non-Star Destroyer designs during the war.

But now I'm just raging in someone elses thread about their awesome design.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:18 pm 

The books and comics covering the new Disney canon either directly say or imply heavily that the First Order's infrastructure was set up by Palpatine during the rise of the Empire as a secret fall back location out in Wild Space (the vast, unexplored areas at the edge of the SW galaxy). Additionally, dozens of Imperial ships fled the core worlds after the Battle of Jakku and became the backbone of the First Order's fleet until the introduction of the Resurgent and other new designs. Those new designs were created by shell companies owned or partnered with companies that provided the Empire/Old Republic with most of their equipment as well, which is why they seem to be more evolutionary than revolutionary in design language. Canon books even state that the First Order still has ISDs and other Legacy Imperial ships in it's fleet.

So, there really isn't any reason that the major powers in the Core Worlds would have known or cared what the First Order was doing out in Wild Space in their secret, Imperial era shipyards and factories. Except for Leia and some other Rebel leaders, which is why there is a Resistance.

(This is how the new canon is, not my opinion)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:35 pm 

Imagine how short the last movie would have been if they had a normal ass Star Destroyer with a normal ass TIE wing... instead of that crap they had chasing the 'resistance"