Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My own Star Trek corner
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:41 pm 

updated. now to try this again without facepalming. I think I am done but are we ever done? Posting this before obsession or frustration takes over again and I delete half of it again and start over.

Decided I wanted to have an unobstruced view of the engineering hull. So I sorta had to make my own by starting with captshade ‘s churchill class USS Churchill Multi-View and kavinveldar ‘s blank slate upper view of the saucer. Now, I had to extrapolate a lot to try to get the side and top views to match and wound up making slight modifications, even now the hull lines dont quite add up to me between the top and side views.

What I did:

1. ereased port nacelle

2. redrew the “cobra’s” hood or neck that connects the saucer section to the engineering section from the original by captshade and Jackill's schematics

3. retouched the forward torpedo launcher and where it connects to the deflector dish

4. tried my best to draw in the upper shuttle bay of the engineering sections and how the hull from there slopes up to the saucer section and hull lines from there

5. and finally I removed the hull names and plaques to try to keep it generic

feel free to point anything out, i still consider it a WIP but i'm tired of it for now and its about as good as i can get it.

Original isnt mine and belongs to captshade,

difficulties of posting thumbs from devart ensue........

http://typical-unusual.deviantart.com/a ... a_recent=1

photobucket: http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o60 ... rofile.png

Last edited by typical-unusual on Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:28 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:17 am 

O.o...I barely got to look at it, though! And I was going to say "nice work" or something along those lines!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:27 am 

reposted now.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:33 am 

Even with its issues, you're off to a good start.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:04 am 

why only one nacelle? and why on side?, is it not better to add that nacelle on behind in mid?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:03 am 

http://typical-unusual.deviantart.com/a ... a_recent=1

A Zanpakutō are supernatural swords that are the manifestation of their owners' power, to perform soul burials on lost spirits. They are also used to battle spirits that have turned evil.

Decided this would be a good combination of the Churchill class engineering section with a Miranda upper. I also included an unobstructed view of the engineering section

All parts by captshade. Thanks to him updating all of his work i am having to redo a lot of my parts sheets! :P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:25 am 

http://typical-unusual.deviantart.com/a ... -445033658

Arrancar: Japanese for "Ripped Mask"

An Arrancar is a Hollow or evil spirit that has removed its mask, thus making it much more powerful than even a Vasta Lorde.

Based upon the Zanpakutō class, this class of ship is employed to explore and acquire intelligence upon the mirror universe after several incursions into the prime universe as late as the Enterprise-E timeframe. Other missions are unknown at this time, however unusual transmissions are sometimes received in the badlands where temporal anomalies sometimes reside. Untold technologies and numerous upgrades hide within this older hull making it every bit the equal of a modern ship of the line but no real combat data is known at this time.

Thanks to captshade for parts.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:50 pm 

Lovely design :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:50 am 

interesting

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:23 pm 

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2015/ ... 8f1i65.png

I know I've gone too far with this one, but the thought of another federation light battleship was just too depressing. Instead i was of the mindset of wondering "What if Star Fleet" actually had grown a set (of bawls) and what could that look like. I wanted to do something where the ship could get up close and personal and slug it out instead of just sending out a few jabs and still suffer from a glass jaw. I came across a similar topic on a discussion board where someone was deriding the Galaxy Class as being a light battleship, heavy guns, but lacking armor for the preference of greater maneuverability, and how it constantly doomed the galaxy class.

This current up armored line of ship"s" i'm going to post is going to be from an ALT U, not the nasty ones of the TV shows, but where earth history is quite similar to the Prime U up until first contact after Earth's first warp drive test. I may post some short stories on this ship and others as they come out. I will in the next few weeks update this post with a short write up as to its origins and encounters. also, there will be several variations of this ship and components i will be posting including an even further unarmored version of this one.

all parts are curtesy of captshade (the master), Kelso323, GAT-X139 and kavinveldar. If i left you out, i'm sory.

Truly,
Don.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:02 pm 

Best design so far of 2015 :D

Sorry i havet done that cabbit ship yet =/ That scan on that zip file still isnt done yet

May I use bits of this at Kaiser Shipyards? ^_^

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:05 am 

go for it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:10 am 

Thank you :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:20 am 

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2015/ ... 8fbafh.png

This is the command and control variant of my previous post of an Alt U that i am thinking of. It has two separate bridge modules. The rear one is for normal star ship operations and local combat while the forward bridge module is for strategists, analysts, battle group command and battle analysis of large confrontation. The forward module also includes some of the most advanced battle management systems ever constructed for this era of ship and is still relevant even in the more modern battlegrounds. The weapons loadout is also increassed for large target bombardment, enemy vessel/fleet suppression, and general defense of this critical vessel.

I will post later full write ups on this ship and my previous in the near future.

Previous Post.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:41 am 

Wow! Much Weapons Much Power in this ship :o