Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Skycutter
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:24 pm 

I took a break from my huge ship design, and decided to mod out one of my older ones.

The Skycutter is owned by the racing team of Adnoir and Ika Rasczak. Together with April Barstow, their pilot and asistant mechanic, they tour the colonies during the racing season. In the off-season, they can be found doing stunt and daredevil work on various planets.

The Skycutter is lightly modified, the main change being the enlarged rear hatch for loading and unloading the hoverbikes. The engines are kept finely tuned for peak performance; having three skilled mechanics aboard keeps everything humming.

Post subject: Re: Skycutter
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:59 pm 
Site Admin

Looks good...I do have one suggestion, though. On the upper deck, the bulkhead that separates the two staterooms should be extended completely across the hull with a door where the hallway would be. This would give the rear stateroom a full side to side width and you wouldn't have any wasted space. Another option is to make the staterooms slightly narrower, but move the bathroom/head into the hallway and give the main stateroom an angled door. This would open up the common area while not reducing the private rooms much, if at all.

When I played Traveller regularly from about 1978 through the mid 1990s, I drew a lot of ships on paper and got really creative with "making space work".

Click the link to read Lady Hecate off line in PDF, .epub, or Kindle formats: http://www.bsg94.org/downloads/index.html
Click here for the Colonial Warbook for Lady H: http://www.photobucket.com/colonial_warbook

Post subject: Re: Skycutter
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:14 pm 

Oh, I might do that in a different custom. This was just a quickie I did in a few days to take a break from other things.

The bikes in the cargo bay took more time than what I did to the rest of the ship; this was just a fun tinkering job.