Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:17 am 

I am doing several ships from SBY so il post them here, you can also see it on deviant

first finished was Isokaze destroyer

Designed by Japanese admiral Daichi Kusagi and first ship built in 2181, Isokaze immediatley become workhorse for Japanese part of United Earth Cosmo fleet. Fourty five ships were built for Japanese fleet with additional twenty five for European space forces.
During the war with Gamilas (2191-2199) Isokaze class ships fought valiantly but they were no match for Gamilas ships, their 12cm cannons couldn't penetrate Gamilas armor, howeveer their torpedoes and missiles prove to be deadly for Gamilas destroyers. Admiral Hartman of European fleet deployed seven Isokaze destroyers during first battle of Mars, in which six enemy destroyers and one battleship were destroyed by torpedo attack from Isokaze destroyers, with only one of destroyers actually been lost during the attack.

By the 2199 and battle of Pluto, only fourteen Isokaze remains, twelve with Japanese fleet and all twelve were destroyed during battle of Pluto (with one crashed - Yukikaze and was later a memorial to all who died in Pluto battle, and two were with European command but none of them space worthy. Those two ships would be only ships in united Earth fleet until new fleet was build, not counting the Yamato.

Armament: 12.7cm triple-mount high-pressure amplified light cannons x 2
12.7cm anti-ship cannon x 2
Torpedo launchers x 3
Missile launchers x 8

Ships:

Japanese fleet:

DDS-101 Isokaze
DDS-102 Arashio
DDS-103 Ayanami
DDS-104 Isuzu
DDS-106 Shikinami
DDS-117 Yukikaze
DDS-118 Yamagumo
DDS-119 Ayase
DDS-144 Shiranui
DDS-145 Hatsuzuki
DDS-147 Fuyuzuki
DDS-148 Minazuki
DDS-164 Kagerou
DDS-172 Shimakaze
DDS-216 Tachikaze
DDS-217 Akebono
DDS-224 Yoizuki
DDS-251 Oi
DDS-252 Uranami
DDS-255 Yudachi
DDS-259 Makinami
DDS-261 Otsuki
DDS-262 Fuyukaze
DDS-267 Ushio
DDS-277 Inazuma
plus twenty others

European Fleet

DDS-120 Diamond
DDS-121 Astute
DDS-124 Tornado
DDS-125 Hermann
DDS-126 Haida
DDS-130 Winterfield
DDS-131 Dragon
DDS-132 Viking
DDS 134 Longbow
DDS-166 Arrow
DDS-167 Stiletto
DDS-168 Danae
DDS-170 Wolf
DDS-171 Tiger
DDS-175 Enfield
DDS-177 Napoli
plus nine others

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:41 pm 

Murasame class Cruiser

Designed in 2170 Murasame become mainstery of Japanese part of United Earth Cosmo Fleet, but due its manuverability and modularity other nations on Earth also use this cruiser. At the time of First contact with Gamilas in 2191 there was seventy five Murasame class cruisers. forty serving Japan navy, twenty with US and rest with European navy. By the battle of Pluto in 2199 only nine survived all Japanese, eight were destroyed during that battle, ninth was i process of scrapping since it wasnt space worthy any longer. Although new ships were planned to build as of 2201 none was build in favour of new designs. Unfortunatley Murasame was not capable to deal with Gamilas ships, with few exceptions they were mostly destroyered without even shot or damage enemy ships. However some ships did score kills.

Armament: 3x 20cm dual shock cannons, 4x torpedo ports, 20cm shock cannon (similar to that of Kongo class ships)

(the two ships were of Japanese navy, ships with US and European livery will be upload soon)

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:12 pm 
Fearless Leader-With the Gods

Looking great!

Permission is granted to use most of my work, so long as credit is given. Before using my commissioned work, please get the permission of the person who commissioned it.
Wolf's Shipyard

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:04 pm 

American variant of Japanese Murasame class

John A. Warden is american variant of Japanese Murasame class cruiser, twenty of them were built for US space navy. Warden subtype is much more armored and armed then standard Murasame class cruiser, however even with additional weaponary none of them survived the war with Gamilas. Ten new ships would later be built as patrol cruisers (between 2204 to 2230 when they are retired), none of this new ships participate in war against Bolar Federation or SUS).

Wardens claim thirty five kills during war. Twenty eight destroyers, four battleships and rest were missile cruisers.

ships:

CAS-415 John A.Warden
CAS-416 Thomas Edison
CAS-417 Woodrow Wilson
CAS-420 Rodger Young
CAS-422 Chuck Yeager
CAS-423 Richard Hamilton
CAS-424 Henry Ford
CAS-425 Robert E.Lee
CAS-429 Douglas MacArthur
CAS-431 Carl Spaatz
CAS-447 George Washington
CAS-448 John Paul Jones
CAS-451 Robert Carney
CAS-454 Donald Cook
CAS-455 Paul Nitze
CAS-458 William T. Sampson
CAS-459 Roger Moore
CAS-477 Ernest Souther
CAS-479 Mark Parrish
CAS-481 Jason Dunham

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:14 pm 

Very nice, both of them!

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:44 pm 

final variant, European Heracles subtype

Heracles is European variant of Japanese Murasame class cruiser. Fifteen of this ships were build for European fleet. Heracles were built on American Warden frame, similar weaponary but with additional two torpedo launchers. Although they perform relativly well during the Earth-Gamilas war, none of them survived till 2199. One ship was later recovered and rebuild, and was used as training vessel for EDF.

Ships:

CAS-418 Heracles
CAS-419 Diana
CAS-421 Diomede
CAS-426 Lion
CAS-427 Manticore
CAS-428 Sphinx
CAS-430 Triton
CAS-442 Artemis
CAS-443 Minotaur
CAS-445 Sigmund
CAS-452 Hera
CAS-453 Nostromo
CAS-456 Cerberus
CAS-460 Griffin
CAS-462 Wvyvern

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:17 am 

Looking forward to seeing the others! Excellent work!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:55 am 

Here's Lexington class carrier, from second season(although not named)

Five ship of first batch were created shortly before Comet empire attacked Earth. Three ships help Yamato destroying Comet Empire carrier fleet but were later destroyed together with remaining two of their class. Shortly after Comet Empire defeat new ships were under construction and ten ships of Batch II(indentical to first one) were built, four ships carried the name of carriers lost on Saturn.

Ships of second batch continue to serve for next forty years. In 2245 they were finally retired. All ten ships were part of 4th Ark fleet in 2221 but never launched since Yamato saved Earth once again.
Batch I:

CVA-76 Lexington
CVA-77 Glorious
CVA-78 Bunker Hill
CVA-79 Unyru
CVA-80 Nimitz

Batch II

CVA-85 Lexington II
CVA-86 Coral Sea
CVA-87 Normandy
CVA-91 Glorious II
CVA-92 Unyru II
CVA-93 Bunker Hill II
CVA-94 Kasagi
CVA-95 Seydlitz
CVA-96 Victorious
CVA-97 Iwo Jima

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:14 am 

im loveing this btw. been trying to get the ships to look correct for a while. glad to see you did a better job than me S! :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:31 am 

love the bios and ships

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:03 am 

With more films coming out soon, there is the distinct chance there may be more Earth ships coming in the near future.

A compelation film will be released in a week in Japan and a new film will come out in December that involves Yamato's first contact with a Comet Empire fleet while on the way home from Iscandar with the Cosmo Reverse System. We suspect there will be an announcement in December on if there will be more Yamato in 2015 or 2016.

There is also the green lit Star Blazers live action movie, but that is a decided unknown.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:50 am 

Can I propose an upgraded Kirishima? It is the only known surviving warship of the pre-Yamato age. It could do with a reconstruction to stay at least moderately viable in the fleet. At least until the numbers of new battleships and cruisers make her entirely redundant.

Shock cannons, and instead of a wave motion gun, an enlarged shock cannon compared to the one she mounts presently. Treaty, and/or a lack of wave motion cores, might prevent the use of wave motion guns on future Earth ships. At least officially.

More Yamato is expected in Fall of 2016.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:44 am 

I forgot on Kirishima, but i may do it, after finishing few stuff i already doing, once finished il post it here (although i no longer upload things to photobucket) i post all on deviant,

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:45 am 

For reference I put these together using official art and some of CanisD's work and just attempted to scale things to about what they should be.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:50 pm 

hm sry i cant open the page, for some reason cant open photobucket, , try add it on deviant, if you can,

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next