Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:26 am 

Impressive, most impressive.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:45 am 

So with the Russian ships added to my version of the Earth fleet in 2191, that brings the UNCN up to 54 battleships, 156 cruisers, and 373 destroyers and other similar sized craft. Against what eventually becomes 201 Gamilas warships that enter the Sol System: 1 battleship, 4 carriers, 4 battlecruisers, 16 heavy cruisers, 48 high speed cruisers, and 128 destroyers. Earth builds new ships and repeats of the easier to build better ships during the first five years of the war (mostly Marusame and Isokaze types. Marusame because it is the easiest of the "heavy" cruisers to build and the Isokaze/Yukikaze because it is basically the most modern destroyers in service in 2191), than by February of 2199, only one of these Earth ships remains in service, with the new Yamato being completed that month.

Side note: I treat the Isokaze as if it was the historical Fubuki-class of its era. The first new large destroyer type built by the Earth. But they start coming out in 2188, so that's not long before 2191 and the war starting. I have Yukizake as a subclass of the Isokaze. I have Yukikaze as a flotilla leader hull. Slightly faster acceleration, slight better hull compartmentalization (tiny bit more survivability (25-33% better) This just means they can survive a single hit at close range, while the Isokaze really can't), The turrets raised ever so slightly to improve the firing arcs aftwards, and enough space for one additional reload of torpedoes over the Isokaze type. Also of course better communication ability so it could lead other destroyers in battle or act independently of the fleet as a scout. They are built one for every seven or eight Isokaze built. Initially there are enough Yukikaze subtypes to lead all the new Isokaze flotilla into combat save for one which his lead by the experimental light cruiser Yuubari (which is the immediate predecessor of the Isokaze design...a intentionally small cruiser that tried to put too much firepower on a tiny hull. Didn't quite work, but inspired the Isokaze design). BY 2199 I have there only be two of this subtype left: Yukikaze and Shimakaze. Yukikaze is used as the scout while Shimakaze is used as the flotilla leader. (for game purposes I replaced this subtype's torpedoes with heavy shock cannon fusion shells to simulate their ability to take out Gamilas ships when other weapons could not or had great difficulty damaging the alien warships)

For the 2201 refit of the Isokaze, I intend to take some of the Yukikaze upgrades, The part of the improved fire arcs, the extended torpedo magazine (using normal torpedoes now that those work fine against enemy ships), and the improved acceleration. But not the improved survivability. The wave motion engine and shock cannon upgrade has to come with that drawback. The new version is as survivable as the older Isokaze, but otherwise as good as the Yukikaze. But that will be mitigated slightly with the weak wave motion shielding that could make it more survivable than Yukikaze.....if it doesn't get blow up the first time they shoot at it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:55 am 

Look what popped out of the White Comet.

Lascaux-class cruiser
Length: 240 meters
Armament:
6x octuple-barrel medium rapid-fire particle beam turrets
6x octuple-barrel light rapid-fire particle beam turrets
4x octuple-barrel rapid-fire anti-air gun turrets
2x quadruple-barrel rapid-fire anti-air gun turrets
2x quantum torpedo launchers
10x single-mount missile launchers

Expect the Kukulkan, Nazca, and Medalusa in the coming weeks. Many thanks to Tim Eldred for scanning the orthographic views for me.

Last edited by skaianDestiny on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:33 am 

Did you see the Gostoke as well on the chart?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:31 pm 

I have, but I don't have a good orthographic view of that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:06 am 

The Kukulkan.

Kukulkan-class destroyer
Length: 190 meters
Armament:
5x octuple-barrel medium rapid-fire particle beam turrets
3x octuple-barrel light rapid-fire particle beam turrets
2x octuple-barrel rapid-fire anti-air gun turrets
8x single-barrel rapid-fire anti-air gun turrets

And here's the Gamilas cruisers and destroyers with their Gatlantean counterparts:

Considering the respective sizes of the turrets, should I downgrade the Kukulkan's guns from medium/light to light/super light?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:32 pm 

I just grouped all the Kukulkan turrets as basically the same. Mostly because I didn't have anything smaller to go to within the game system....only thing lighter are defensive batteries (AAA), which this ship also has and are even smaller. At some point the basic ability of the weapon will be practically the same even if the diameter of the barrel is different by maybe an inch.

My curve might be off (expecially with the Early Earth ships), but until the rest of the Earth fleet comes out, I will have to go with what I have, and guess based on the idea that shock cannons are power powerful than similar sized Gamilas weapons which are more powerful than Gatlantis weapons of similar size. The old rule set Gamilas, Gatlatis, and old Earth using the same equivalent weapons, just relative power differences by placing more gun turrets per battery to get the same amount of damage. The old version of the Earth battleship had one medium battery made from all its four turrets. A Gamilon ship of equal size had three batteries from all its weapons. A Gatlantis destroyer had more that twice that number of batteries but they were all light batteries.

When I redid the ships based on Yamato 2199, I tried to make it so that every turret was a battery since the size of most of the ships increased. I left the old Earth and Gatlantis weapons as basically the same (just treating how they react to Gamilas hull as different, using the Earth's single emitters verse Gatlantis quad emitters are justification for their penetration abilities against Gamilas hulls). The Gamilas batteries are slightly more powerful, using a underused weapon type and making them the main batteries of Gamilas. The Earth Shock Cannons are equally as strong as the new Gamilas weapons but have a greater range for the same battery type (light, medium, heavy, improved heavy, and so on).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:12 am 

Decided to draw up those Zoelguuts with walls, dubbed the "armored assault type Zoelguut" in one of the interviews on ourstarblazers.com. Left out the markings because JFC Kobayashi.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:12 am 

Yeah, I have a friend that wants to paint my Zoelguut model black, but won't do the engraving type art as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:40 pm 

Nazca-class strike carrier
Length: 334 meters
Armament:
3x octuple-barrel heavy rapid-fire particle beam turrets
2x double-mount light rapid-fire particle beam turrets
18x octuple-barrel rapid-fire anti-air gun turrets
2x torpedo tubes
8x missile launchers
Aircraft:
24x Devastators

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:16 am 

Aaaaand finally here's the Medalusa! So it turns out the Megaluda has additional markings compared to the regular version, so I made a variations image.

Medalusa-class heavy battleship
Length: 334 meters
Armament:
1x flame strike gun
2x teleportation projectors
1x quintuple-mount super-heavy armor-piercing particle beam turret
3x octuple-barrel heavy rapid-fire particle beam turrets
2x double-mount light rapid-fire particle beam turrets
16x octuple-barrel rapid-fire anti-air gun turrets
9x torpedo tubes
Aircraft:
12x Devastators

And with that, I've completed the definitive size chart for 2199 ships (and some 2202 ones). Warning: pretty big.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:13 am 

Gamilas ships are still pretty big this time around

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:02 pm 

Impressive, most impressive.
You missing one ship in Gatlantis fleet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:35 pm 

I don't have a good orthographic side view of the Calakmul. And besides, I did say it was only some 2202 ships.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:04 am 

Its impressive, cant wait to see your version of Calakmul (if you decide to make it), but still, big thumb up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next