Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:56 am 

Yeah, battle was so good, so many of Star Force ships, then joining with Gamilons, but why those Zoelgut dreadnoughts have those wierd square shields in front of them, well they did blast some of damage but not much,

and that large gatlantis battleship looks like big one from original series,

and Andromeda's firing damn i just hope they wont destroy her this time, well she have four more sisters hehe,

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:50 am 

From Yamato 2199, the Zoelgut battleships are designed to have "impenetrable armor" on the bow. Yamato's shock cannons even bounce off it. However in Ark of the Stars, a magna flame gun is stopped by that very same bow armor for....oh...half a second, before it punches through the entire length of the warship and blows it up. This giant powered wall seems to be Gamilas quick solution to the magnaflame gun problem without having to redesign their warships with wave motion shields, which also drained rapidly from a glancing blow from one of these weapons, dropping Yamato's shields down to about 40%. A full on blast might be stopped by Yamato's shields, but it wouldn't be able to get them back up again before they could fire a second shot. My guess is that Andromeda might have two shield systems so it could use one to deflect such a blast, then bring up the other one while the first one is turned off so it recharges.

The wall seemed to be able to handle a single blast very well. Two at once though overwhelmed it and then the battleship behind it.

The Gatlantis battleship is what use to be the more common battleship we saw in Yamato 2. Now it seems to be their large special ships while the Medaruusa type is more mass produced.

Not sure what to make to its weapon system. The Lightning Strike System I guess. Without farther detail I would guess it is a short range Area of Effect weapon that is quite powerful since it devastated at least one of those Gamilas battleships along with everything else in the cone of destruction. I'm attempting to use an older concept I had and rework it for a close in weapon. I would guess this would be the defensive battleship, or else the reserve heavy force of Gatlantis over the Medaruusa's long distance strike ability being the offensive battleship. But more information is required.

Andromeda fired through a moon without its blast being diminished at all. The range was seemingly huge, though probably not as far away as Desler's shot from his city-ship to the next planetary orbit in his solar system. Andromeda is likely firing from several light-seconds away while Desler was likely firing from a few light-minutes away or more. Also the wave motion gun has ridiculous targeting ability it would seem. as aside form shooting through a moon, it seemed to only hit gatlantis ships, missing the Gamilas and Earth ships even with several of the Earth ships being pulled out 20 seconds before firing.

Just how many ships was that? For Earth I mean. That's the largest Earth fleet I think I've ever seen in this franchise. The only one possibly bigger is the Earth Federation fleets seen in Yamato 2520, but that is more before those fleets seemed more like Legend of the Galactic Heroes levels of fleets lining up and mutually wave motion gunning each other from time to time. Even the Earth evacuation fleets didn't seem this large even with all battleships.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:17 pm 

i wonder if this is only a one Earth battle group or Earth entire fleet, it would be cool if Earth have far more ships then this, but somehow i believed this is the full fleet of Earth in 2202, i doubt Earth could built larger, i mean between 2199 and 2202, thats only three years, and how many humans are still alive on Earth and possibly other colonies.

I am glad that Humans and gamilas worth together,

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:44 pm 
Site Admin

Zagoreni wrote:

and Andromeda's firing damn i just hope they wont destroy her this time, well she have four more sisters hehe,

Who needs the Death Star when you have Andromeda? She always was my favorite ship in the series.

Click the link to read Lady Hecate off line in PDF, .epub, or Kindle formats: http://www.bsg94.org/downloads/index.html
Click here for the Colonial Warbook for Lady H: http://www.photobucket.com/colonial_warbook

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:56 am 

kfeltenberger wrote:
Zagoreni wrote:

Who needs the Death Star when you have Andromeda? She always was my favorite ship in the series.

Indeed, we have portable Death Star, the mighty Andromeda, oh wait Death star was also able to move, but well, Andromeda was indeed portable, its smaller fifty times then DS, and yet it can destroy whole moon or at least crack it. And there is Five of them. I only hope they survived, or at least some.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:56 am 

If Starsha's explanation means anything, it probably only takes seven wave motion guns like Yamato's to split a planet in half. Desler's overpowered weapon pretty much destroyed a gas giant with one shot.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:07 pm 

Moving my stuff over to here I guess. 2 pixels = 1 meter. Planning on doing the UNCN ships as well, eventually.

Kripitera-class destroyer
Length: 160 meters
Armament:
1x 280mm double-mount positron beam turret
1x 133mm double-mount positron rapid-fire cannon turret
6x torpedo launchers
8x missile launchers
1x double quadruple-mount missile launcher turret
Variations—official:

Kelkapia-class high speed cruiser
Length: 240 meters
Armament:
3x 330mm triple-mount positron beam turrets
10x torpedo launchers
1x hextuple-mount missile launcher
Variations—official:

Destroia-class heavy cruiser
Length: 270 meters
Armament:
4x 330mm triple-mount positron beam turrets
4x 280mm triple-mount positron cannons
4x torpedo tubes
Variations—official:

Meltoria-class battlecruiser
Length: 283 meters
Armament:
2x 330mm triple-mount positron cannon turrets
2x 280mm triple-mount positron beam turrets
4x 280mm triple-mount positron cannons
6x torpedo tubes
Aircraft:
1x DWG262 Czvarke
Variations—official:

Zoelguut-class dreadnought
Length: 730 meters
Armament:
7x 490mm quadruple-mount positron beam turrets
4x 330mm triple-mount positron beam turrets
27x torpedo tubes
Variations—official:
Variations—fan:

Last edited by skaianDestiny on Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:20 am 

Gaiderol-class battleship
Length: 350 meters
Armament:
3x 330mm triple-mount positron beam turrets
4x 280mm double-mount positron beam turrets
32x single-mount point defense guns
6x quadruple-mount point defense guns
33x torpedo launchers
Variations—official:

Haizerad-class battleship
Length: 392 meters
Armament:
2x 330mm triple-mount positron cannon turrets
1x 330mm triple-mount positron beam turret
4x 280mm double-mount positron beam turrets
32x single-mount point defense guns
6x quadruple-mount point defense guns
33x torpedo launchers
Variations—official:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:25 am 

Dimensional submarine UX-01
Length: 144 meters
Armament:
1x 99mm single-mount positron beam turret
1x 33mm double-mount laser machine cannon turret
8x subspace torpedo launchers
8x missile launchers
5x space minelayers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:37 am 

And now for something different! Tried out the UNCN ships for a change.

Isokaze-class destroyer
Length: 80 meters
Armament:
2x 127mm triple-mount high-pressure amplified light cannon turrets
2x 127mm anti-ship cannons
3x torpedo launchers
8x missile launchers
Variations—official:

And I tried doing a fan design. The gist is an old destroyer from the Kongou-class battleship's era. Original is here: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php? ... d=61527668

Tachikaze-class destroyer
Length: 70 meters
Armament:
1x 127mm triple-mount high-pressure amplified light cannon turret
2x torpedo launchers
8x missile launchers
Variations:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:14 am 

UNCN is my area :):), i hate competition:),

but nice work,

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:15 am 

Keep doing yours, mine are mostly as comparison to the Gamilon ships, so they'll be lacking a lot of details that yours have.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:36 am 

i usually do ships on larger scale so that more details could be added, i was to do gamilon ships, however, all i actually did was kripitera class (not finished), i suppose i could start again with SBY ships after finishing Legend of Galactic Heroes first,

new variants of Earth ships, and those that i didn't even start, lot of work:),

i really like your Gamilon ships, they are slightly smaller but i like them.

Last edited by Zagoreni on Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:12 am 

I am under the impression he is doing them to complete a scale chart but in color to go with the Ark of the Stars and Yamato 2202 scale charts that are in color.

That and having an impression of how large something is sometimes helps.

The Tachikaze type is somewhat similar to what I had for the old Hayate and Mutsuki type destroyers (save my version has more torpedoes, but they were strapped onto the hull or in external tubes rather than internal tubes. No reloads.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:00 am 

Tachikaze class?, i don't remember to see that class in the old series or new,

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next