Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:01 pm 

jeff762 wrote:
Read your new story. It is interesting.

Thank Jeff. I know it wasn't much but more chapters are in the pipeline along with the last two chapters of Episode 2 of Winds of Change.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:56 pm 

If anyone interest I just posed the next chapter of Episode 2 (Chapter Six) we see Arthur get himself into somewhat of a situation.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 12:20 am 

Thanks Allen

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:13 am 

allenknott3 wrote:
... I know it wasn't much but more chapters are in the pipeline...

Good, waiting for that :)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:19 pm 

Kasero wrote:
allenknott3 wrote:
... I know it wasn't much but more chapters are in the pipeline...

Good, waiting for that :)

Alright. I'm hoping to had the next chapter of Scorpion out by the end of May, depending on how everything workout. Plus I should also start posting my revisited original series story here if anyone is like the original Galactica.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:28 am 

Hi Allen I have had a look and it looks great, unfortunately I am having a great deal of difficulty with the grammar, may I respectfully suggest you try and spell check with Microsoft word or a similar programme before posting as I feel the difficulty in reading it may be putting people off continuing to read - please don't be offended, the context and theme of the work you are doing is excellent however and is worthy of praise

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:30 am 

Ivanho wrote:
Hi Allen I have had a look and it looks great, unfortunately I am having a great deal of difficulty with the grammar, may I respectfully suggest you try and spell check with Microsoft word or a similar programme before posting as I feel the difficulty in reading it may be putting people off continuing to read - please don't be offended, the context and theme of the work you are doing is excellent however and is worthy of praise

Ivanho, first I want to said I'm not offended. Second, however if you didn't read my author notes I mentioned not having an editor. Now I do used Microsoft Word but it can't caught everything - those I thought the spelling was alright. So while I appreciate your opinion and responses. I had been working on my stories since 2009 without much success because of the inability to find one editor. So I respectfully will said my current view is that I know the grammar is rough and that some peoples will not read my story because of how rough the grammar is but since I been unable to find a editor for years, I'm not going keep wasting time. My stories is going to takes several years already to complete and delaying it on the hope of finding an editor (which could never happen) is not desirable for me any longer.

This is actual either the third of fourth times I had posted my story before starting over. Each time I took it down partly because of grammar. I don't want to be working on just one story for my entire life. I do have another story ideas I want to tell.

So if I lost a few readers or even majority because of the grammar, right now that is just how it is going to be. I wish I didn't had a grammar learning disability but I do. So I simple have to hope that peoples can forgive or overlook the grammar. Because I honestly think I had a really good story but I'm not a great writer. Aegir is really the first piece of literature I had ever written. I had wrote blogs, papers, etc. during school but never something like Aegir or the scale of the story.

I glad you like the context and theme. I actual get more negative feedback on that than I do on my grammar. One of ex-editor left because she disagree with how I write Arthur.

Thank you Ivanho,
Allen

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:42 am 

Bravo Zephyr Allen it's still much better than anything I could do, stick at it my friend

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:53 am 

Ivanho wrote:
Bravo Zephyr Allen it's still much better than anything I could do, stick at it my friend

Thank. If you had any thoughts or details you can either pm or e-mail me. My e-mail is allenknott3 at gmail.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:55 am 

I want to say again that I like very much your stories, Allen.
And I think I have a big advantage while reading them as a non-native english reader regarding grammar and such. Of course, I see some "oddities :wink: " in the phrasing sometimes but that doesn't bother me.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:34 pm 

Kasero wrote:
Of course, I see some "oddities :wink: " in the phrasing sometimes but that doesn't bother me.

Kasero, what "oddities" are you talking about? I want to make clear something I phrase thing in a way not to spoilers thing. So if I had Arthur says, "X" compare to saying the same thing just with "Y" then it won't or hopefully won't spoilers future plot point.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:50 pm 

Allen, I was speaking of grammar oddities :)

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:42 pm 

I had posted Chapter 2, Episode 1 of Battlestar Scorpion. Please note unlike Aegir each chapter doesn't automatic changes date. Chapter 2 and 1 of Episode 1 are both on the same day, the fall of the Fall.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:20 pm 

I just updated Winds of Change, Episode 2 - Chapter 7. Next are at least a couple of Vignettes before Episode 3 - Chapter 1 will be release.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:35 am 

I just posted Winds of Change, Episode 2 - Chapter 8. Chapter 8 is the second Vignette and the first of two that will be posted before the release of Episode 3 - Chapter 1.

I'm sorry for taking so long but I hope peoples are actual reading and enjoying my story. Feel free to replies or messages me. All feedback is welcome and it helped me to keep writing.