Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:03 am 

Hi all, as you can see I've added some carriers to my battlegroup, hope this explains why I've neglected the fanfic of late, I will get back to it soon.
Any suggestions or comments on either are very welcome, cheers, Ivan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:28 pm 

episode IV up for your enjoyment (or otherwise)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:08 pm 

Bravo my friend, bravo. I LOVE that you're having fun with the Stryx. You've not scratched the paint or dinged the bodywork. Mamma is very proud, lol!

Mia x x x

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:13 pm 

Ivanho wrote:
episode IV up for your enjoyment (or otherwise)

This last part of the story was quite good, though the whole “Milky Way” & “Terra” bits was a bit, ummm....awkward, I hope for their sake a colonial doesn’t show up on my door step and say, “Greetings Earthling, take me to your leader”, because I’ll take him out back to the shed and introduce him to the leading edge of my chainsaw!

I’m a Terran damn it, not an Earthling! :twisted:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:27 am 

I'm afraid your post has left me baffled Electromage - please explain 'awkward' are you thinking I'm going in the wrong direction with this? I am trying to write in a new planet that the colonials settle on - not to be confused with Earth, which comes into the story later

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:20 am 

Ok I've read through it again and I'm comfortable with it - rather than give away too many spoilers I'm happy to answer any questions via P.Ms - please remember that Earth was in no way able to help the colonies therefore a new planet was needed to become a home and a base from which to defend themselves. Thanks for reading Electromage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:18 am 

Ivanho wrote:
I'm afraid your post has left me baffled Electromage

Yeah I know what your trying to do with the new planet, but...

Quote:
The second fact I need to impart on you is that I know where the planet Earth lies, it is too difficult to explain here but I know the co-ordinates here in my head, however I can tell you this, it lies in a star system called the milky way containing eight planets surrounding a sun, and a ninth dwarf planet called Pluto, these facts have been foretold to me in a vision.

...the last time I checked the system we live in is called the Solar System, or Terran System for the unofficial name, as for the milky way, well, that's a bit bigger. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:43 am 

Ok I see your point but I was referring to the entire star system of which our solar system is a part, I will have to try and be more specific in future, sorry about that I stand corrected

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:09 am 

Hi all, apologies for taking so long with the next episode but I've been really busy with R.L work and stuff.
I've finally posted, and have added a new ship to my Phoenix fleet, hope you all enjoy, regards Ivan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:41 pm 

Yet more amazingness from you my friend. I'm truly enjoying this, keep going! Bravo!

Mia x x x

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:04 pm 

Hi all, Escape to Terra part 2 now up for your enjoyment (hopefully) this was the most fun but the most challenging yet, more ships to come soon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:34 am 

Ivanho wrote:
Hi all, Escape to Terra part 2 now up for your enjoyment (hopefully) this was the most fun but the most challenging yet, more ships to come soon

The story line is good & the battle scene believable, but you have a timing mistake...

Quote:
“Very well Dr. as you wish, but be it on your head – if you fail to return in one hour I will order The Galactica and Pegasus to open fire on that ship, if we haven't heard back in one hour... do you understand Dr.”

“I understand Sir, if I am not back in one hour it will be because I am dead already and it will no longer matter to me!”

Dr. Zee took six marines with him, together with his pilot, and approached the stricken base ship with a leisurely speed belying the magnitude of the situation, it was almost as if he had a death wish!

The crew of the Galactica held their collective breath as the craft of the young genius approached the base star, gradually his vessel entered the bowels of the huge ship, she was a colossal, and imposing sight, even in her perilous state.

The six marines all held their nerve, but Dr. Zee could sense their fear, his pilot by now trembling, they were actually landing on the deck of a Cylon Base Star!!

Scene 2 – The Angel and The Devil

The commander of the small platoon ordered his men to fan out and search the huge hanger bay of the base ship.

“Listen up, keep eyes on the Dr, he must not fall, if you have to take a bullet for him you take it, Jones and Merrick, take that left corridor, Marks and Terry, you guys cover the right, we will head for that central core, that's where the command center will be”.

The men covered every inch of the huge hanger bay, it took two hours for their reconnoiter to be complete, the Young Captain then led his platoon into the central core, flanking the young Dr.

...that's the only problem I can see.

Either lengthen the time alloted to 3hrs, or reduce the time to search to 20min, keeping in mind they still need to get to the CIC have their talk & then get back to the ship, launch & head for home.

Keep up the good work! :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:35 am 

Oh shit ....well spotted I'll rectify that

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:45 am 

I fixed - good catch Electromage, thanks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:33 am 

Hi all, as I have received several P.M's recently regarding the content and direction 'Pilgrimage' is going I thought it was time I tried to dispel a few myths and explain a few things without giving away too many spoilers!
One forum member has contacted me on several occasions with advice that I didn't always accept in the spirit it was intended - it was harsh but fair and constructive. To this person I say thank you and sorry, they know who they are.

There would appear to be several mistakes if I can put it that way, but the mistakes to a large extent are quite deliberate on my part but I fully accept some are my mistakes, like the one picked up my old friend Electromage - what a howler lol!. Suffice to say there will be serious consequences for certain people after the fallout of the Battle of Omega Delta

The council and military have reached a critical juncture in the story and certain people (or Cylons) will have their day of destiny soon - I thank you all very much for reading and for you continued support, again you all know who you are ( Mia, Kurt and my Aussie friend for helping out a Pom) all the best to everyone - Ivan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next