Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:28 pm 

:oops: Oh yeah, there it is...*drinks more coffee*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:54 pm 

Actually, I have the final version of the top view which has a lot more done to it then the one that is up. I need to get the newer version up soon. I'll make sure to do that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:29 pm 

what about the mirror discovery?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:41 pm 

One insanely massive and detailed project at a time Admiral. If I tried to work on the mirror now I would go nutts as my mind was pulled into two never ending loops, eventually tearing itself apart and leaving me a vegetable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:42 pm 

:damnfunny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:31 am 

wow it's that serious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:48 pm 

Well all. Its been a long road but the rebuild of all the views are essentially done. Since I've posted everything else on this forum, a few things have been tweaked, altered, and such and so I had to update all my images on deviant art. Below are the finalized images. I still have a few minor details to add, caution rings around phasers and maybe a few detail markers and such but what you see below is the finalized built of the Discovery in all her glory. I will now go back to deck plans probably this week or next.

Hope you all enjoy.

BTW: The Screen numbering will be edited to go 1) Port Elevation 2) Starboard Elevation 3) Top View 4) Bottom View 5) Bow View 6) Aft View

Side View:

Top View:

Bottom View:

Front View:

Back View:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:56 pm 

Can't...stop...drooling...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:27 pm 

I have been working on some of the technical illustrators for the Discovery-Class Technical Manual and I felt this one was worth showing. The following was inspired by a similar drawing in the Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual which showed the Galaxy-Class's hull cutaway and hull layers. Here we see what nearly 50 years of research has created, an advanced and complex composite structure of numerous materials.

Layer 1 - The Ablative Hull Armor with Gel Buffer
By 2400, Every new federation starship, scientific ships and deep space explorers alike, are fitted with type 2 ablative hull armor. This new variation of the traditional ablative hull armor is a fantastic heat dissipator. Its strong internal matrix coupled with interstitial components which promote the transfer of heat throughout the surface of the material. Also, the material itself responds to heat by form a stiffer matrix, meaning that areas impacted by phaser banks actually stiffen to help reduce energy transition. The Gel-sub layer is a buffer layer to help prevent heated Ablative hull armor from hampering the structural integrity of the duranium layers below.

Layer 2 - The Honeycomb Matrix with Duranium Coating
A modification of straight slab Duranium, the new layered Honey-Comb structure greatly improves a ships static structural integrity (i.e. that structural integrity that is present when the ships structural integrity fields (SIF's) are not in place. The outer Duranium Layer is the ships secondary phase armor, supported by Duranium honeycomb matrix.

Layer 3 - Primary Support Layer
Not very different from that seen on a Galaxy-Class starship, the Primary support layer is a Duranium-Titanium composite that runs across the entire surface of the ship acting as a structural backbone for the layered armor surface. At strategic junctions, this layer crosses over to the ships actual structural supports and is bound to these by Atomic welding techniques that actually cause materials to coalesce on a molecular level, essentially forming seamless integration of the two components.

Layer 4- Gell Buffer With Cross Support Sectoins
Designed purely as a buffer layer to inhibit the transfer of some of the shock force from impacts on the upper layers of the ship, it is permeated by occasional cross links and support members which have a descent flexural modulus as to not hamper the effects of the gel layer while still providing strength of the overall armored layer.

Layer 5- Secondary Structural Support Layer
A Simple Titanium alloy designed to provide a surface to build off of for internal ship components as well as provide added strength to the material and act as one of the sandwiching pieces for the Gel Buffer Layer.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:19 am 

Really cool starship thier Josh keep up the excellent work

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:27 pm 

has the site moved? and many of the pics are no longer showing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:54 pm 

Yeah what is up with that and the perception pictures not showing up

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:40 pm 

Supreme-Emperor-Over wrote:
Yeah what is up with that and the perception pictures not showing up

They deactivated thier DA account long time ago

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:42 am 

Thanks, Captain live long and prosper and hello thier nice to meet you

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:08 am 

Supreme-Emperor-Over wrote:
Thanks, Captain live long and prosper and hello thier nice to meet you

Hiya im on DA too at kaisernathan1701 :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next