Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:44 am 
More than one Hoplite

Cain, she was sooooooooo annoying! And nothing she did made any sence! and, and... GIRRR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:49 am 

I agree with the Cain comment. She was clearly insane and made no military sense at all in her actions. Adama's comments at the end of Razor where he says "its hard to find fault in anything she did" was total BS. No sane commander fights any battle with those odds!!

For me it was Baltar. Sometimes I think they had him do stuff in the show cause they couldnt figure out what to do with him and couldnt write him out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:05 am 

Admiral Helena Cain
Personality: Psychopathic military dictator
Likes: Killing falsely accusing others for something right
Dislikes: People killing her crew for something they ACTUALLY did wrong

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:37 pm 

You have to admit though, Roslin's got the "too proper to do anything but you know she's freaky" Sarah Palin sexy about her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:54 am 

Starbuck: They used her as a Deus Ex Machina for everything. Well acted but poor plot in too many places.

Mind you - I still want to know what happened to Boxy! There he is in the mini-series and thats the last we hear of him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:42 pm 

Starbuck and that whole divine intervention thing was kinda dumb to me. At least give us a little hint as to what the deal was with that. I know the last scene in the last episode kinda explained it but come on throw the fans a bone here.

I loved the show but there were some real issues with the storyline.

Back to Caprica for a second, was I the only one mad that their explanation of why cyclons hate humans was cause they were corrupted by the memories of a disaffected spoiled little rich girl?????

Or is it just me??? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:31 pm 

well the man did get shot.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:46 pm 

Allen Knott wrote:
I complete agree with you Thalan. Me and my friend has been talking about that very ideas.

A issues I has with the storyline is the Adama/Roslin conflict that happen after Adama focus Roslin to step down. It is just me or did that get work out very quick? Adama put in her in the brig and like four episodes later she is back been President.

Better the devil you know....

After all, take a look at the alternatives for president!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:09 am 

Actually, Martial Law would have been the answer in that situation, but it would have proven to be the wrong answer over the long run. Take a fleet of 80K plus people and dictate continually to them without giving them any sort of say and see what happens.

Realistically Adama should have declared martial law for at least a few weeks, and more or less he acted like he had without really saying so. By the time Roslin really got a government up and running things had settled down a bit, and he could back off. But honestly, if he had decided at nearly any point prior to maybe New Caprica to slap martial law into effect, he could have. After that, it was going to be pretty hard to accomplish really.

For me, it was Gaeta. He was a pretty decent guy, and appeared to be unshakably loyal, and then that went away, and he ended up screwing the pooch and getting spaced, where as Baltar the ineffable screw up, managed to basically walk away form his actions Scott freaking free! Heck, even Zarek could have been handled better, I may like Hatch, but his character was treated oddly from time to time, and ended up getting off the rain on the wrong side there at the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:21 am 

Gaeta. He was all over Baltars junk, and was in bed with the cyclons on new caprica. Then turned against Adama for siding with the rebel cyclons.

Really?

Again I have to say that they just didnt have anything to really do with Baltar. He keeps getting away with everything he did, no matter how bad it was.

Wish I had that kind of luck