Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:00 pm 

Gaeta was the inside man for la resistance on New Caprica, that was his primary motivation for appearing as a turncoat. As for later, his sudden siding with Zarek of all people felt sort of hollow, though n more so that Baltar suddenly going from "cover his A@@" guy to mentor of the people at the end there. Although I am going to miss seeing virtual Six make him choke himself, ahh, memories! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:22 pm 

That reminds me, hat the hell was with fat Lee there? Was that an IRL issue, a plot line they forced him into, what? I didn't get it, and I can't seem to find anything out about it either.

As to his personality, I'm iffy here, he vacillated from being one of the few males in the series to actually make decisions, to being yet another follower of the presy. And while he and Starbuck might have had chemistry (debatable really), he and Duella were a far, far more stable couple anyhow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:24 pm 

gryphon wrote:
That reminds me, hat the hell was with fat Lee there? Was that an IRL issue, a plot line they forced him into, what? I didn't get it, and I can't seem to find anything out about it either.

I always assumed it was something to show his boredom with the whole thing of not having anything to do on New Caprica so he was eating in the same way the old Peggy XO had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:08 am 

I think the fat Lee was symbolic of the stagnation of the military after finding New Caprica. Baltar convinced everyone the Cylons would not find them there and that there was no need for the military. The military die-hards refused to leave the warships, but eventually started drifting away as there seemed to be no threat in sight. Hence Adama convincing Tigh to leave the Galactica and head to the surface to live. Adama growing a mustache and Lee gaining weight are just signs of the military discipline lapsing as a result of having two warships and barely enough crew to man skeleton crews on them. Eating for Lee was a way of fighting the boredom of orbiting a planet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:12 am 

ah, that makes sense. I was always wondering of there was something going on with the actor, another roll or some such. Still, that's a lot of weight to put on fast and then purge!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:44 am 
More than one Hoplite

not really that much weight, if you consider that he was't THAT big, it had been a year, and If he'd stop'd doing all the exercise, that that muscle very quickly disappear and it's my understanding that you can very quickly gain alot of weight when that happens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:58 am 

It also explains the scene in one of the episodes following the escape from New Caprica after the Pegasus was destroyed. A sweaty Lee getting off a treadmill, presumably after a hard workout to get back into shape and get back into the fight.

I was shocked when I saw a fat Lee, but once I got back into the show after their season break, I became amazed at what the make up artists can do with a fat suit and make up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:08 pm 

It was a fat suit, he didn't actually put on any weight.

And part of the weight gain was probably depression because of what happened with Starbuck, but the whole waiting around in orbit doing absolutely nothing for over a year thing surely didn't help at all.

I wasn't a real fan of Lee, the only purpose he served was to always be angsty about something. Anything, really. He was the least complex of all the main characters.