It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Ships
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:56 pm 

Audacious Class Heavy Cruiser

Type: Heavy Cruiser
Role: Heavy Fleet Combatant, Tactical Command Ship
Length: 675m
Crew: 400 (2,000 Troops and 100 Dropships or 80 Mechs w/ 500 Support Crew)
Weapons:
x1 Neutron Accelerator Rifle
x8 Heavy Dual Particle Accelerator Cannons
Ships in Service: Audacious, Audrey, Amber, Adrian, Ashley, Alexis, Alexandria

Overview:

Audacious Class Heavy Cruisers are equipped with a powerful Neutron Accelerator Rifle able to accelerate one kilogram of neutron particles at .76LY with a .005% margin of error in accuracy thanks to their advance AI intergrated combat system. Additionally, the lower section can be modulated to either fit an entire wing of Mechs or all necessary support craft for a fully equipped light infantry brigade. Audacious vessels are meant to be the flagship of larger taskforces. To augment their powerful NARs are eight heavy, dual particle cannons able to accelerate 500gram tungsten rounds at .22C.

Kaede Class Heavy Cruiser

Role: Heavy Fleet Combatant
Length: 625m
Crew: 350
Weapons:
x2 Electromagnetic Rails
x9 Heavy Dual Particle Accelerator Cannons
Ships in Service: Kaede, Carrie, Farrah, Jericho, Olevia, Morgan, Erica, Godwin, Delilah, Taylor, Tricia, Paladin, Valkyrie, Joan, Sadie, Karen

Overview:

The Rising cost of the Audacious class led to a new demand for a less expensive heavy cruiser to fill the fleet's demand for a heavy combatant without the hanger space that led to the increasing cost of the Audacious. The result was the Kaede class, which equipped with the electromagnetic rails allows her to fire twice as many tungsten rounds in the same span of time it takes the Audacious to fire her NAR once. Additionally, she is equipped with a ninth heavy dual accelerator cannon, allowing an increased rate of fire over the Audacious vessels. Though planners wanted to initially incorporate a modular hanger system, albeit smaller, it was passed over in order to build more vessels with the constrained budget.

Last edited by Lariza on Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New Ships
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:23 am 
Site Admin

Lariza wrote:

Audacious Class Heavy Cruisers are equipped with a powerful Neutron Accelerator Rifle able to accelerate one kilogram of neutron particles at .76LY with a .005% margin of error in accuracy thanks to their advance AI intergrated combat system. Additionally, the lower section can be modulated to either fit an entire wing of Mechs or all necessary support craft for a fully equipped light infantry brigade. Audacious vessels are meant to be the flagship of larger taskforces. To augment their powerful NARs are eight heavy, dual particle cannons able to accelerate 500gram tungsten rounds at .22LY.

Regarding the items in red...

Are you trying to specify speed or distance. Speed would be a percentage of C, or the speed of light. LY is the abbreviation for light year, a unit of distance measure.

Click the link to read Lady Hecate off line in PDF, .epub, or Kindle formats: http://www.bsg94.org/downloads/index.html
Click here for the Colonial Warbook for Lady H: http://www.photobucket.com/colonial_warbook

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:36 pm 

Yep, my mistake - but thanks for catching it.

Also, top views still a WIP but should be coming within the March timeframe as soon as time permits me to do so.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:42 pm 

interesting design of System Alliance ships(those are system alliance ships?),

i hope there will be more designs,

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:16 pm 

Yep, I tried making my own versions of SA ships from ME3 but I ended up with the following. Anyway, here are my light cruisers:

Deliverance Class Light Cruiser

Type: Light Cruiser
Role: Tactical Strike Cruiser
Length: 540m
Crew: 280 (800 Troops & 20 Dropships or 8 Mechs)
Weapons:
x6 Medium Dual Particle Accelerator Cannons
Ships in Service: Deliverance, Daedalus, Dora, Dolores, Cynthia, Claymore, Evangelical, Progenitor, Reformer, Talon, Warrick, Zamora
Overview:

Deliverance class cruisers was the navy's answer to lighter, more tactical warship than the heavier Audacious class. Armed with a compact version of the Audacious' NAR, it can still accelerate the same round at the cost of more recoil due to reduced number of magnetic coils used to dissipate the shockwave - this in turns leads to a reduced rate of fire but it can nevertheless deliver astonishing firepower against enemy forces at only two-thirds the cost of a heavy cruiser. Originally envisioned to be a class of twenty, the number was later cut down to twelve after the Admiralty decided that a more cost-effective light cruiser at a third the price of a heavy cruiser (and only 60% the cost of a Deliverance) was needed to fill the fleet's light cruiser number quota.

Vangaurd Class Light Cruiser

Type: Light Cruiser
Role: Patrol, Fleet Combatant, Destroyer/Frigate Squadron Leader
Length: 425m
Crew: 90
Weapons:
x2 Electromagnetic Rails
x6 Medium Dual Particle Accelerator Cannons
Ships in Service: Vangaurd, Valiant, Vagrant, Vaile, Margret, Mathias, Mathew, Mordred, Nausica, Nautalis, Nora, Nero, Oscar, Oliver, Omar, Obelisk, Rain, Rafalle, Rorschach, Revolution, Dreameater, Diana, Della, Dirk, Emily, Emma, Erin, East, Hailey, Hannah, Hewitt, Horris, Jacey, Jack Russell, Joana, Jessica

Overview:

The most produced cruiser in the fleet, the Vangaurd Class makes up the bulk of the cruiser wings that often deploy in long range recon, destroyer leaders, fleet combat groups, and a host of other combat duties that augment the Deliverance and Kaede classes. Equipped with a smaller Electromagnetic rail system that fires a tungsten round the fourth of a size than that of the larger Kaede class, it can keep up a higher rate of fire than its heavy cruiser cousin. Additionally, her smaller size, crew compliment, and heavier automation of her internal systems has made her a cheaper cruiser to build and maintain - leading to her class being assigned more combat operations than any other cruiser force currently in service.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:09 am 

nice work,

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:12 am 

cool

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:30 am 

Lariza wrote:

Role: Heavy Fleet Combatant, Tactical Command Ship
Length: 675m
Crew: 400 (2,000 Troops and 100 Dropships or 80 Mechs w/ 500 Support Crew)
Weapons:
x8 Heavy Dual Particle Accelerator Cannons
Ships in Service: Audacious, Audrey, Amber, Adrian, Ashley, Alexis, Alexandria

Overview:

We can not see these ships mate, photo bucket has stopped us from 3rd partying.
Try imgbb.com and post as a IMG mate.

Audacious Class Heavy Cruisers are equipped with a powerful Neutron Accelerator Rifle able to accelerate one kilogram of neutron particles at .76LY with a .005% margin of error in accuracy thanks to their advance AI intergrated combat system. Additionally, the lower section can be modulated to either fit an entire wing of Mechs or all necessary support craft for a fully equipped light infantry brigade. Audacious vessels are meant to be the flagship of larger taskforces. To augment their powerful NARs are eight heavy, dual particle cannons able to accelerate 500gram tungsten rounds at .22C.

Kaede Class Heavy Cruiser

Role: Heavy Fleet Combatant
Length: 625m
Crew: 350
Weapons:
x2 Electromagnetic Rails
x9 Heavy Dual Particle Accelerator Cannons
Ships in Service: Kaede, Carrie, Farrah, Jericho, Olevia, Morgan, Erica, Godwin, Delilah, Taylor, Tricia, Paladin, Valkyrie, Joan, Sadie, Karen

Overview:

The Rising cost of the Audacious class led to a new demand for a less expensive heavy cruiser to fill the fleet's demand for a heavy combatant without the hanger space that led to the increasing cost of the Audacious. The result was the Kaede class, which equipped with the electromagnetic rails allows her to fire twice as many tungsten rounds in the same span of time it takes the Audacious to fire her NAR once. Additionally, she is equipped with a ninth heavy dual accelerator cannon, allowing an increased rate of fire over the Audacious vessels. Though planners wanted to initially incorporate a modular hanger system, albeit smaller, it was passed over in order to build more vessels with the constrained budget.