Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Earth Defence Force
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:20 am 

Yup, way better, now.
Looks smooth.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 2:07 am 

Thank you for your help Vianca I appreciate it

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:14 pm 

Their pursuit of the humans relentless, the desperate need for a new home growing, the Cylons were forced to use ever more ingenious ship designs to help in their fight for survival.

The 'battleship' designs of the large 'Dark-Star Alpha' Base Stars with their huge x shaped radial arms were becoming more of a liability in terms of resources and maintenance. Therefore a quicker ship with less armament and raiders, but more powerful sub-light engines was required for rapid pursuit and hunter/killer capabilities together with deep space scanning.

The ‘Dark-Star Beta’ Base Star was a hybrid ship, a destroyer and picket ship, she was much more stable at speed due to the new cross shaped radial arms but had the same deadly capabilities as a conventional base ship - only in less prolonged battles. She did however boast the most advanced mega pulsar cannons both on her radial arms and on her inner saucers, the former being her primary weapons, the latter for protecting her central core, the most critical and vulnerable part of a base star.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present the Dark-Star Beta Base Star

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:31 pm 

I like this one, great job.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:26 am 

Thanks very much Rick, hope you and the sisters are enjoying “Pilgrimage to Earth”.

I will have plenty more drawings to post after ‘Day of the Dark-Stars part two’ is finished, all the best, Ivan.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:11 pm 

Sorry, but I've been out on the fire line per say, at least my peppery is safe this time, so I have had a little R & R the up to see the ladies. Let us get caught up and I'll get back to the story

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:31 pm 

Sure thing, just stay safe my friend

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:08 pm 
Site Admin

rit57 wrote:
Sorry, but I've been out on the fire line per say, at least my peppery is safe this time, so I have had a little R & R the up to see the ladies. Let us get caught up and I'll get back to the story

Stay safe!

Click the link to read Lady Hecate off line in PDF, .epub, or Kindle formats: http://www.bsg94.org/downloads/index.html
Click here for the Colonial Warbook for Lady H: http://www.photobucket.com/colonial_warbook

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:17 pm 

Thank you, guys,

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:32 am 

After the battle of Amilon, the military forces down on Terra began mapping out the planet in earnest. The new underground bunkers complete, attention turned to the forests and mountain ranges surrounding Zelan City.
Knowing it could be a real possibility they would need to flee to the mountain regions if and when the Cylons arrived, vehicles were designed and constructed both for the patrol of, and protection of the citizens of Terra.

The first new vehicle was an amphibious armoured personnel carrier....

Secondly an amphibious troop carrier....

.....and finally a ring of mobile nuclear missile launchers known as the 'nuclear necklace' was deployed to defend the city....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:28 pm 
Site Admin

Three thumbs up!

One question...and it's more of a technicality than anything...but how wide are the tires on the two amphibious vehicles? The only reason I ask is that given the width, of they had a normal profile (that is, narrower than they are high), the ground pressure might be pretty high and cross country performance would suffer.

Click the link to read Lady Hecate off line in PDF, .epub, or Kindle formats: http://www.bsg94.org/downloads/index.html
Click here for the Colonial Warbook for Lady H: http://www.photobucket.com/colonial_warbook

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:17 am 

Hi Kurt, actually the width of the tyres is a critical factor in the successful traction of the vehicles, I estimate the width to be around 900mm or just under three feet wide, the height of the tyres is a massive seven feet, towering over the crew! The chassis is around 26ft in width. The tyres have very deep treads which can take chains in between the tread valleys, also there is an additional harpoon chain mounted on the front to enable the vehicles to use large trees or rocks to pull themselves up from steep gradients.

The vehicles have two massive 700 horsepower engines that can operate independently or in tandem, (most powerful known to man as on the new Volvo FH16) the vehicles are of course A.W.D.

As I mentioned before, Terra is a beautiful but very rugged planet, much like parts of Alaska, Canada or the Scottish Highlands. Therefore this is a key feature of the vehicles, some being located at the summit of the hills and mountains over Zelan City to watch over the citizens below, hope this answers your question, regards Ivan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:07 am 

Excerpt from 'Day of the Dark Stars' part 2....

"Having witnessed the successful trial and retrieval of the devastating new craft, the two officers were led to a newly designed truck known as A.T.L.A.S, an acronym for All Terrain Logistics And Supplies, where together with the technicians they would be driven into a forest clearing where they would be shown more new hardware."

Here she is:

....And the Sleeper version for longer missions.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:46 am 

Very nice.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:52 am 

Thanks Theorion- I will be posting something a little different soon, watch this space!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12