Wolfs Shipyard Forum

The new forum for Wolf's Shipyard
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:53 am 

A Super Star Destroyer design of mine, next to AnowiShipyard's Star Destroyer for scale.

Armament: 340 x Octuple Heavy Turbolaser Turrets, 730 x Heavy Turbolaser Cannons, 3,450 x Heavy Ion Cannons, 5,000 x Quad Point-Defense Laser Cannons, 5,000 x Concussion Missile Tubes, 83 x Tractor Beams
Length: 13,295.1 meters
Width: ~7,410.6 meters
Height: 676.54 meters
Crew: 385,558 (75,955 x Officers, 229,793 x Enlisted, 79,811 x Troopers)
Complement: 399 x TIE/ln Space Superiority Fighters, 100 x TIE/sa Bombers, 99 x TIE/LN Interceptors, 166 x AT-AT Walkers, 249 x AT-DP/AT-ST Walkers, 125 x Imperial Troop Transports, 66 x Lambda-Class T-4a Shuttles, 2 x Victory-Class Star Destroyer
Shielding: Equipped
Nav Computer: Equipped
HyperDrive: Class 2.0 with a Class 8.0 backup
Engines: 3 x Main Drive Ion Engines, 8 x Support Ion Engines
Def:
The Exterminator-Class Super Star Destroyer was a class of Super Star Destroyers originally built by the Old Galactic Empire for its navy. Intended to be a more "cost-effective" Super Star Destroyer, at least when compared to the Executor-Class Super Star Destroyer, the Exterminator-Class was smaller in size but had a similar reactor output allowing it to have a better acceleration ratio, and a better maneuverability ratio. The downgrade in weaponry was noticeable, but at such a scale, there was still little in the Galaxy the Exterminator-Class had to fear even more so when it's taken into account that the Exterminator-Class had a fully integrated point-defense system which forced even the most nimble of fighters and bombers to break off their attack runs. A large ratio of point-defense guns were situated around the exposed bridge tower along with stronger shielding, both key aspects when protecting a well known weak point.
Even with all that was going for the ship, only around three were ever built, all mothballed at the Kuat Shipyards until the battle of Kuat when they were briefly activated to defend the shipyards against the newly formed New Republic. However, they were quickly disabled as they were critically understaffed. Two were broken down, though interestingly enough one was kept, and was mothballed. Even more interesting, around 31 ABY (After the Battle of Yavin) there was evidence that the New Republic was modernizing the ship, as a large sum of military spending was being sent to an unknown location with some leaked files making mention of an "Exterminator II-Class SSD" later referred as the "Liberator-Class SSD". It is unknown if this modernization program was finished by the time of the destruction of the New Republic, or how the capital's destruction affected the program.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:06 pm 

I counted only 3449 Heavy Ion Cannons. I think you missed one... :twisted:

Seriously, a huge beast of a Star Destroyer nicely done although a little light on details IMHO compared to Anowi's.
I can understand they were not very used in combat, at roughly 400 thousands crew men. 1.2 million men to crew all three... What a waste of ressources after all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:50 pm 

Kasero wrote:
I counted only 3449 Heavy Ion Cannons. I think you missed one... :twisted:

Seriously, a huge beast of a Star Destroyer nicely done although a little light on details IMHO compared to Anowi's.
I can understand they were not very used in combat, at roughly 400 thousands crew men. 1.2 million men to crew all three... What a waste of ressources after all.

I thank you for the kind words, and yes I'm aware of the lack of detailing, with such a large ship I don't like spending three hours+ for just detailing. As long as the basic idea is there I'm happy. Though I'm curiousas to what you counted for the Ion cannons. I got the number on my stats by adding up all individual turbolasers and do a one for one exchange.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:10 pm 

TinkerTanker44432 wrote:
(...)Though I'm curiousas to what you counted for the Ion cannons. I got the number on my stats by adding up all individual turbolasers and do a one for one exchange.

This was a joke :) I didn't count the canons one by one!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:59 pm 

Kasero wrote:
TinkerTanker44432 wrote:
(...)Though I'm curiousas to what you counted for the Ion cannons. I got the number on my stats by adding up all individual turbolasers and do a one for one exchange.

This was a joke :) I didn't count the canons one by one!

You're evil.... you mentioned before I lacked detailing, what did you mean?